• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Compatible music formats for R Link

17 posts in this topic

Hi to all, new member here.

Take delivery of my sig nav petrol manual lease Kadjar in Arctic White on Wednesday.

Just a couple of Questions.

Does Kadjar accept SD card? What is max size? ( I purchased a 64 gb )

What is the highest quality music format it will accept. I was hoping to transfer music in 'Lossless' format to SD Card to take advantage of the Bose system, as I believe there is no CD drive fitted?

Any advice/help would appreciated.

Keith

Thanks Swiss. I think I'll find another use for the SD card and purchase a Usb 3. With the FLAC format, would you say I'd get 50 CDs on a 64 gab USB. And which is the best software to transfer CDs to FLAC?

Many thanks,

Should easy get 50 CDs on 64G. Not too sure what I have on there but it is in the region of 5 - 6000 songs on 128G and it permanently plugs into one of the USB ports as it does no charging, so is pointless to me other than media input  :D . I have 1 full card now, so plan to get another to add even more tunes to the random music shuffle.

I have a MAC and use Rip, which does all my conversions and ties into the online stores for CD names etc. But most rippers will rip to lossless, FLAC, OGG etc.

Hi to Swiss. Received the same USB you mentioned but it was in format 'exFAT' car would not read it. Also, the capacity was only 115Gb. I attempted to reformat but Win 10 only gave 2 options- NTFS or exFAT.

Found a program to reformat to FAT32 but it states the drive capacity is too large. So now I'm confused.

Did you do anything to your USB prior to putting your music on it?

Rgds,

Keith

Hi to Swiss. Received the same USB you mentioned but it was in format 'exFAT' car would not read it. Also, the capacity was only 115Gb. I attempted to reformat but Win 10 only gave 2 options- NTFS or exFAT.

Found a program to reformat to FAT32 but it states the drive capacity is too large. So now I'm confused.

Did you do anything to your USB prior to putting your music on it?

Rgds,

Keith

Hi,

I run a macbook so unix based. However, all I did was plug it in to the laptop, copy music over and switch it to the Kadjar.

FAT32 is an old format limited to a 2G limit (32 bit) and hence cannot be used to format such a large drive without partitioning. At work at the moment, but when I get home I'll check the drive system format and let you know what is in use and update

Swiss is right FAT32 format means that partitioning is needed on larger drives. Not difficult, there are plenty of free programmes on the internet to do the job in a matter of seconds.I did the same on my memory cards and it works fine.

I've put my music files on a USB formatted to NTFS It seems OK , definitely more than 2GBs worth of music

I was incorrect on the restriction on the partition, it was max file size, not the file system.

Just checked mine and it's FAT32 logged as 125G in the GUI, but 116G in the command line, which just shows the marketing on the system sizes :-)

All good now. I downloaded software from Ridgrcrop (free) as suggested by someone on this site I believe. It took only seconds to convert to FAT32, now Kadjar reads it perfectly.

Just one more question to Swiss, before I start ripping all my CDs, do I have to make individual folders for each CD on the USB and transfer albums to them, or will it happen automatically?

All good now. I downloaded software from Ridgrcrop (free) as suggested by someone on this site I believe. It took only seconds to convert to FAT32, now Kadjar reads it perfectly.

Just one more question to Swiss, before I start ripping all my CDs, do I have to make individual folders for each CD on the USB and transfer albums to them, or will it happen automatically?

Depends on the software. Generally the ripper will organise by artist and album, at least mine does. The I store in my NAS and google music cloud.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I tend to use folders, just to make it easier to separate different bands, genres etc on a large capacity stick/card. Probably a bit anal but it works for me.

No need to create  folders the R Link sorts the music into bands autonomously ,as long as the music is tagged properly

I use my cards on computers, hi-fi, mp3 player, dvd etc. For me folders is the best solution for using across multiple players.

I use my cards on computers, hi-fi, mp3 player, dvd etc. For me folders is the best solution for using across multiple players.

In your case it's probably best . I use one USB dedicated to playing my music in the car without a folder structure and the R Link organises them into Artists , Rock ,Punk , Alternative, Reggae etc ....no Disco  :D, with Album covers   . Works for me . Each to his own really