Renault assistance free accident support
4 4

14 posts in this topic

Remind me please ...

Do we all have this?

Is it for four years ?

If I crashed or broke down do I just phone the number?

(Was covered under hubbys support , but he says no longer paying it , if am covered here .)

Thanks ... Poss a blonde moment here .....

has anyone used this service?

As I called when my wife crashed her car asking for some help as her car is only 2 years old, and before their took any details what so ever, their asked if it was a fault or non fault accident.

when I said at fault, their did not want to know, would not help or give any help.

so, the service is of little use if you have an accident that is your fault.

phone your insurance company up 1st as their will help you

It's is covered by the RAC, they won't cover recovery if it's your fault, but then I think that would be covered by your insurance anyway. If you break down they will assist and, if necessary, recover the vehicle. I had a puncture recently and they came out and recovered the vehicle, no problem.

Yes, I found the small print last night , took a copy to keep in the car....

Doesn't include:

the use of the wrong fuel, or lack of fuel.

Keys locked inside, lost or stolen.

ROAD TRAFFIC accidents.

Incidents involving trailers and caravans (?).

Nice to know they will come and change a flat tyre for me :-) but not in the last year ....

My Kadjar was hit in the rear by a Motorcyclist who was hit by another car and then collided with us after he was hit. Called Renault Assistance. I am not at fault. 

They took all my details and then got someone from the Renault Accident Non-Fault Team at Hertz Accident Support who called me and are dealing with it.  Been two weeks since the accident. I have taken the car to the approved Renault repairer who has assessed the damage. Am now still waiting to be told when I can take the car in for repairs and also collect the courtesy car.

Bit slow so far. Considering I am not at fault in anyway I would have expected this process to move faster. They keep telling me they are waiting on liablity from the other insurance (Direct Line) from the driver who hit the motorcycle which caused him to then fly into the back of us. 

That shouldn't matter, the car will be repaired the same regardless of who eventually gets the blame so why the need for any delay? (dependant of course on you being insured fully comp. I would be mighty miffed and be thinking it would have been better simply for me to sort it with my insurers myself.

The other thing is, and I'm no expert here but understand this to be the case;

In the case of a multiple rear end shunt no one insurer has to foot the bill for the lot, in this case you would claim from the motorcyclist and he from the car that hit him. The excuses seem strange.