• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Recall.
3 3

92 posts in this topic

I haven't received a recall notice yet.

Any idea as to what order they are sent out in ?

Thanks

This affects over 10,000 Kadjars according to the DVLA site so it may be a while . Maybe they are doing them in order from date of purchase ( had mine since October ) , I really don't know. Quote from my letter :-

" Even if you do not detect any issue with your vehicle ,we would emphasise the importance of this action,since if the work is not done , you will be taking risks with your safety and the safety of others , which could be avoided by carrying out this recall "

All a bit confusing really . They failed to perform the update on mine so I asked Renault Customer Relations if my car was safe to drive and they told me it was .

The letter seems to be telling me the reverse of that answer . How would I know if I have a problem ,unless somebody side swipes me ?

I think it's best not to wait for the letter and book it in anyway , and don't forget to ask for your free boot liner  :D

Off my own back, I took mine in 2 weeks ago and had the work done associated with the recall, as I hadn't been informed of such. Does that mean I miss out on the boot liner?

Should have been in such a rush and taken a few risks  :D  You could always ask the for a retrospective boot liner . You may still get the letter . It said in mine they may take  4 weeks for the notification of the repair to get to Head Office . Honestly , it wouldn't surprise me if the dealer hasn't got any when they sort mine out 

I haven't received a recall notice yet.

Any idea as to what order they are sent out in ?

Thanks

Got mine on 1st March, Letter came yesterday. Now booked in on 28th June. Don't use online booking as it shows dates that are not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Ours is a march 1 sig 1.6 4x4. Got my recall on June 1 yesterday rang this morning going in on wed June 8 2016 for update. Interestingly nice lady said to me they are obliged to do recall within 3 DAYS  but as i am not able to get vehicle to them before wed this would be o.k. If this is so i think 28 June 2016 for  andrew.johnson12  is a long 3 days ??? told me it takes about 1hour includes safety check of vehicle duty of care and all that, so it goes in at 8-30 and i wait and have a coffee and leave at about 9-30 good plan i think ( wonder if there is a plan B ) if it works out to plan.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

HI Ours is a march 1 sig 1.6 4x4. Got my recall on June 1 yesterday rang this morning going in on wed June 8 2016 for update. Interestingly nice lady said to me they are obliged to do recall within 3 DAYS but as i am not able to get vehicle to them before wed this would be o.k. If this is so i think 28 June 2016 for andrew.johnson12 is a long 3 days ??? told me it takes about 1hour includes safety check of vehicle duty of care and all that, so it goes in at 8-30 and i wait and have a coffee and leave at about 9-30 good plan i think ( wonder if there is a plan B ) if it works out to plan. :rolleyes::lol:

Going on holiday hence the wait!

HI Ours is a march 1 sig 1.6 4x4. Got my recall on June 1 yesterday rang this morning going in on wed June 8 2016 for update. Interestingly nice lady said to me they are obliged to do recall within 3 DAYS  but as i am not able to get vehicle to them before wed this would be o.k. If this is so i think 28 June 2016 for  andrew.johnson12  is a long 3 days ??? told me it takes about 1hour includes safety check of vehicle duty of care and all that, so it goes in at 8-30 and i wait and have a coffee and leave at about 9-30 good plan i think ( wonder if there is a plan B ) if it works out to plan.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

I don't know if Renault have a plan B .Took mine in 3 weeks ago and they couldn't apply the update and they were dealing with technical . Renault contacted me last week and told me they would contact me with a progress  update on June 1st , Perhaps I should have asked what year ?  ;)

HI Ours is a march 1 sig 1.6 4x4. Got my recall on June 1 yesterday rang this morning going in on wed June 8 2016 for update. Interestingly nice lady said to me they are obliged to do recall within 3 DAYS but as i am not able to get vehicle to them before wed this would be o.k. If this is so i think 28 June 2016 for andrew.johnson12 is a long 3 days ??? told me it takes about 1hour includes safety check of vehicle duty of care and all that, so it goes in at 8-30 and i wait and have a coffee and leave at about 9-30 good plan i think ( wonder if there is a plan B ) if it works out to plan. :rolleyes::lol:

Going on holiday hence the wait!

That's all interesting info..so dealers are obliged to do the fix within 3 days of you ringing them...yet it's taken 10 weeks for Ruk to start sending letters out since the software fix was available ,for a fault that came to light over 3 months ago..Why such a delay over a safety recall??..Presumably they've had enough time to order in enough stock of boot liner bribes,so you don't start asking too many questions

How very cynical  :P  ...I'm wondering what happens if they are unable to update mine . Having failed once ( I know the dealer has succeeded on other Kadjars ),  where does that leave me if they fail again ?

I took the car in yesterday for recall work to be told after about half an hour that it would take a lot longer than expected so booked in next week. Got a call this morning from garage to tell me that they do not have the software to do the update and are unable to say when they will. I decided to give Renault customer relations a call, they were most alarmed by this as the dealer should not have let me take car home as it is a Red Recall, which I find somewhat strange as on the bottom of my boot liner leaflet states "The recall must be completed by 31/08/16" now that doesn't sound urgent. Anyway RUK are now on the case.

Same here Alan ,they couldn't apply it on mine and let me take it home . I was already in contact with customer relations so I asked them if the vehicle was safe to drive and they told me it was . Seems that Renault are not all singing from the same hymn sheet . It's been three weeks and I'm still waiting for a solution .Perhaps I should contact Driving Standards Agency  and see what their view is ? 

I wonder if it is because the dealer I took it to does not sell Renault cars but is an official dealership for service and parts, it was the top of the list of dealers that was on the recall letter. They are normally very good it was the dealer I used for my Qashqai.  

Same here Alan ,they couldn't apply it on mine and let me take it home . I was already in contact with customer relations so I asked them if the vehicle was safe to drive and they told me it was . Seems that Renault are not all singing from the same hymn sheet . It's been three weeks and I'm still waiting for a solution .Perhaps I should contact Driving Standards Agency  and see what their view is ? 

was it a main dealership Roger?

was it a main dealership Roger?

Yes , It does also sell Nissan and Kia and Support had no problem with me booking it in to them . Support also phoned them so they should have been aware of the severity of the recall