• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Child Car seats- MIDDLE rear seat

7 posts in this topic

Hello I have ordered a renault Kadjar signature nav. Its just got to southhampton from france today. Over the weekend i decided to do some research on the car, delve further into it. Well low and behold i find out that the middle rear seat is not to be used with a child seat of any kind, having 3 children in high back boosters this is a major thing for me! so i go into the dealer today and we discover that version 1 of the renault kadjar handbook gave booster seats the thumbs up for the middle rear. We are now on version 5 and for some reason its not recomended at all. Does anybody know the reason why? i was going to swap to a qashqai, but that is exactly the same... and older qashqai handbooks also said it was ok! now i know renault and nissan are the same company, so why the change of mind? i am absolutely gutted beyond words but obviously my child's safety comes first and foremost. Can somebody give me advice and does anybody else use it for 3 children. i just wish a car manufacturer will think when making family cars, a 5 seater should seat 5 ! i already have citreon picasso c4 grand, its only a year old but the finance is too high. this is why we have swapped. ple

Renault are probably arse covering, I would imagine the centre seat hasn't been specifically tested to see if a booster fits securely or there are no specific crash test results for a booster/child seat in the centre so they err on the side of caution and state that no booster/child seat should be situated there.

Myself; I wouldn't have even looked it up, I would have tried the child seats/boosters out and if they had fitted securely then game on; which I assume you have already done.

I haven't read that specific section of the handbook, I'll try and get a look tomorrow to see the exact wording.

I dont think 3 would fit.

I had a grand picasso and they have 3 individual seats, the kadjar doesnt.

I think the middle seat is slimmer so might get in the way of the buckle .

We have twins and another and we know many others like it and you will struggle to get three kids seats in a row in 95% of cars... the law states that provided the biggest is child is sat in the middle they would not require a seat. But fully understand your concern in safety, but now my kids are older 9 and 5 we excerise this right regularly especially as I traded my Freelander2 in for a Kadjar and the wife's mazda 5 in for a Juke nearly 3 year ago....also the rule to having three boosters in a row asks you to be able to get a fist sized gap between the seats also this prohibits probably another 4% of the cars...leaving only the likes a very large MPVs (cause of 7 seats but no boot space), and large 4x4s as suitable candidates.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I picked up my car in December and the handbook, that came with the car, specifically says that the centre rear can not be used for any child seat. The middle fittings are narrow and I think it would be nearly impossible to put 3 seats side by side. I agree, that it may be difficult to access the release if you can't get your hand between the seat, I'm thinking in case of a fire or entering water, it might hamper a quick release. Additionally, I think the car seat may put strain on the buckle, which might damage it or reduce its effectiveness in a crash. There must be a good reason for it, I don't think it was just because it wasn't tested.