• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Collected yesterday 27th May 2016
4 4

6 posts in this topic

Well after pretty much 3 months from ordering from Lifestyle Renault Eastbourne, I have now taken possession of my Diamond Black Manual 1.2 TCE Kadjar with the Tech Pack option and retractable tow bar.

So it was ordered on 27th February 2016 with a EDDD (Estimated delivery date to dealer) of 10th May 2016 and a deposit of £250 was paid.

The build did not occur until April.

Arrived at Southampton 25th April where the Tow Bar was fitted and still had EDDD of 10th May. I was also asked whether Renault could register the car on the 30th April, some kind of Policy Renault UK have but they can't do it without your approval. Yes the warranty does start at the registration date however, yet to receive confirmation letter, the warranty will be extended by 27 days due to my delivery date.

Advised on the 6th May by Sales Rep that the there will be a delivery to dealer delay to between 13th and 18th May as the Alarm was not fitted at the factory. My understanding, not from the Rep, that the factory had run out of alarms so this will also be fitted at Southampton.

On the 9th May the Sales Rep advised me that the system was now showing an EDDD of the 16th May.

On the 17th May I was advised by the Sales Rep that the EDDD had been revised to 19th May, which unfortunately is his day off. He will contact me again of 20th May to give an update.

So the 19th came and went and the Sales Rep contacted me on the 20th to give me the bad news, car did not arrive. New date showing on the system is now 25th May.

Late afternoon on the 23rd May the Sales Rep phoned to say It has arrived and it will me in the workshop in the morning for the inspection and buff up. Due to my working commitments I advised him that the earliest I could collect would be Friday Morning, 27th May so it was arranged for 09:00 hrs.

After all the boring stuff at the dealer for the hand over and paying the balance of £21 950, I do not want to know if I got screwed, drove the approx 15 miles home.

Trying to get freebies out of dealers is not easy, probably not a skill of mine, but I got the following:

Jewelultra Diamondbrite Paint and Fabric Protection process and Premium Plus Pack, Retail £399.......FOC

Full Tank of Petrol....FOC

Bunch of Flowers for the Wife.....FOC

Set up my android phone to the R-Link, something Reps feel they need to do, Bless....

Car had approx 19 miles on the clock when I took delivery.

The whole experience with the individual Sales Rep was excellent, I was kept informed through the whole process, contacted on the prearranged days throughout and was not sold anything I did not want. I did go in with the idea of getting the 4x4 version but was talked out of it on the basis of where I live and how little mileage I do in a year, the wife joined in this debate as well so I gave in! If I had anything to bitch about, it would be directed to Renault themselves and NOT the dealer.

I have now set up My Renault on the Renault's website and done the business with R-Link 2 as well.

So now the fun starts, lets see what all the criticism is about that I have seen occasionally in this Forum.

My first driving experience of my new car I didn't like at all, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, responsive, quiet engine, just don't play with the bells and whistles while driving, had to pull over before I had an accident!

I seem to remember somewhere in this Forum someone saying the Bose System is quiet, well turn up your deaf aid or get one. Also I believe someone was critical of the quality of sound, personally for a sound system that comes with a car as standard, so I was not expecting anything totally out of this world, I feel it totally meets my expectations and some. If you want a quality, quality system just get a custom job if you feel it is that bad.

I will post again here over the next couple of months with my own experiences.

post-474-0-59198800-1464416711_thumb.jpg

post-474-0-17499400-1464416745_thumb.jpg

Well after pretty much 3 months from ordering from Lifestyle Renault Eastbourne, I have now taken possession of my Diamond Black Manual 1.2 TCE Kadjar with the Tech Pack option and retractable tow bar.

So it was ordered on 27th February 2016 with a EDDD (Estimated delivery date to dealer) of 10th May 2016 and a deposit of £250 was paid.

The build did not occur until April.

Arrived at Southampton 25th April where the Tow Bar was fitted and still had EDDD of 10th May. I was also asked whether Renault could register the car on the 30th April, some kind of Policy Renault UK have but they can't do it without your approval. Yes the warranty does start at the registration date however, yet to receive confirmation letter, the warranty will be extended by 27 days due to my delivery date.

Advised on the 6th May by Sales Rep that the there will be a delivery to dealer delay to between 13th and 18th May as the Alarm was not fitted at the factory. My understanding, not from the Rep, that the factory had run out of alarms so this will also be fitted at Southampton.

On the 9th May the Sales Rep advised me that the system was now showing an EDDD of the 16th May.

On the 17th May I was advised by the Sales Rep that the EDDD had been revised to 19th May, which unfortunately is his day off. He will contact me again of 20th May to give an update.

So the 19th came and went and the Sales Rep contacted me on the 20th to give me the bad news, car did not arrive. New date showing on the system is now 25th May.

Late afternoon on the 23rd May the Sales Rep phoned to say It has arrived and it will me in the workshop in the morning for the inspection and buff up. Due to my working commitments I advised him that the earliest I could collect would be Friday Morning, 27th May so it was arranged for 09:00 hrs.

After all the boring stuff at the dealer for the hand over and paying the balance of £21 950, I do not want to know if I got screwed, drove the approx 15 miles home.

Trying to get freebies out of dealers is not easy, probably not a skill of mine, but I got the following:

Jewelultra Diamondbrite Paint and Fabric Protection process and Premium Plus Pack, Retail £399.......FOC

Full Tank of Petrol....FOC

Bunch of Flowers for the Wife.....FOC

Set up my android phone to the R-Link, something Reps feel they need to do, Bless....

Car had approx 19 miles on the clock when I took delivery.

The whole experience with the individual Sales Rep was excellent, I was kept informed through the whole process, contacted on the prearranged days throughout and was not sold anything I did not want. I did go in with the idea of getting the 4x4 version but was talked out of it on the basis of where I live and how little mileage I do in a year, the wife joined in this debate as well so I gave in! If I had anything to bitch about, it would be directed to Renault themselves and NOT the dealer.

I have now set up My Renault on the Renault's website and done the business with R-Link 2 as well.

So now the fun starts, lets see what all the criticism is about that I have seen occasionally in this Forum.

My first driving experience of my new car I didn't like at all, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, responsive, quiet engine, just don't play with the bells and whistles while driving, had to pull over before I had an accident!

I seem to remember somewhere in this Forum someone saying the Bose System is quiet, well turn up your deaf aid or get one. Also I believe someone was critical of the quality of sound, personally for a sound system that comes with a car as standard, so I was not expecting anything totally out of this world, I feel it totally meets my expectations and some. If you want a quality, quality system just get a custom job if you feel it is that bad.

I will post again here over the next couple of months with my own experiences.

Welcome. Mine still feels like that to me after 3 months. It had its monthly wash today!b36a6018cc8232405f2d7582a9bfe8e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the more rugged look of the wider wheel arch mouldings .. It's such a shame you can't have them if you have parking sensors ..they are on my wish list lol.. Enjoy your new car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The parking sensors work fine. Very weird. The sensors that would be covered by the wider arches dont seem to be present on all Kadjars. As it is, I may be losing out on the sensors for front left and right but the remaining 4 front ones work fine.

Its a lovely drive.