Polish's, Wax's, Whats your choice ?
2 2

56 posts in this topic

Wow! I'm a bit fazed by all the different methods and views of everyone. I have a cosmos blue Kadjar which I've had for 3 whole weeks from new and I'm about to wash and wax it for the first time as I'm taking it down to Portugal for a few weeks.

In the past I've used Armorall Shield wax as it's so easy to apply and, from previous experience, it tends to last 6 months, providing it has a regular wash every 2 or 3 weeks. Like everyone else, I apply it with microfibre cloth. I'm beginning to wonder about using a chamois on it though...............

I always polish mine when I first get a new car with autogylm super resin polish then autoglym sealant polish.then wash with there shampoo all by hand never used a car wash yet

best i have found is Auto glym wet wax 

wash the car, rinse off spray wax wipe with a microfiber cloth, do every panel as if your drying off, glass plastic don't mater then when you have finished buff of with a clean cloth, sun overcast it matters not a jot even in the winter

Whole car done waxed in less than 45 mins lasts a good six months 

i find resin wax a little abrasive its good on older paintwork but modern paints and finishes needs new waxes. never take t cut to a new car clear coat it will strip and allow moisture through 

Collinite No 845 Insulator wax, gives a brilliant shine . bit expensive but worth every penny. Approx £25 a pint off ebay.