• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Polish's, Wax's, Whats your choice ?
2 2

54 posts in this topic

I opted for the Supaguard paint protection, so I'm hoping that should help with keeping the Kad presentable. Snow Foam looks like it could be a good option (to lift road grime and inevitable bird deposits) but whether that would be enough on its own is down to experimentation, I suppose. Any thoughts?

Ade - what do you use after the Snow Foam?

I opted for the Supaguard paint protection, so I'm hoping that should help with keeping the Kad presentable. Snow Foam looks like it could be a good option (to lift road grime and inevitable bird deposits) but whether that would be enough on its own is down to experimentation, I suppose. Any thoughts?
Ade - what do you use after the Snow Foam?

Hello,

Snow foam lifts the grit etc and loosens dirt - i leave it run off the car for a while and then pressure wash it off - i then use bilt hamber auto wash - 5ml in a 5 litre bucket and its ph neutral. I use a woolen mit and two bucket method. Made a bucket grid to stop the grit out of a old plastic sink drainer- prevents the mit touching the bottom and picking up grit.
The after the wash - pressure rinse clean and towel dry.

Didnt use any wax etc this time as car is only weeks old and not sure if it has something on it....

hope that helps

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Hello,

Snow foam lifts the grit etc and loosens dirt - i leave it run off the car for a while and then pressure wash it off - i then use bilt hamber auto wash - 5ml in a 5 litre bucket and its ph neutral. I use a woolen mit and two bucket method. Made a bucket grid to stop the grit out of a old plastic sink drainer- prevents the mit touching the bottom and picking up grit.
The after the wash - pressure rinse clean and towel dry.

Didnt use any wax etc this time as car is only weeks old and not sure if it has something on it....

hope that helps

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

also as your car is supa guard protected there might be a ph neutral snow foam and the wash then.

The shampoo is good for 60 washes as i use a old child calpol syringe to get 5ml exactly

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

1 hour ago, a-d-e said:

also as your car is supa guard protected there might be a ph neutral snow foam and the wash then.

The shampoo is good for 60 washes as i use a old child calpol syringe to get 5ml exactly

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Thanks Ade.  The Supagard pack came with a bottlle of ph neutral shampoo, but using the Snow Foam as a pre-wash can't hurt.

Thanks Ade.  The Supagard pack came with a bottlle of ph neutral shampoo, but using the Snow Foam as a pre-wash can't hurt.

I bought my snowfoam lance off a site that rhymes with fleabay - make sure it is all brass/metal components as its adjustable then on how thick its applied. The snowfoam i had smells of peppermint so great to use!

will DM you some links

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

I am a  big fan of Bilt Hamber products, but use Astonish "Spray 'n Shine" after washes. I also use all other Astonish car (and home!) products. Fantastic value at 99p a pop. Unable to understand people shelling out £££s for expensive treatments. Snake oil.

dd742d6cd53eb87f6f3ab738e86ba964.jpg

Had my little helper while washing Kadj today - start em young

4900a4a974fbf44f475e1bd5e92aee86.jpg

Finally had time to give it some snow foam - wash - and dodo quick mist!

Love it when its clean!

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Just gave my Kadjar full clean and wax today.

2bm and lambs wool washmit.

Used a clay bar for the first time from a meguiars clay kit and the paintwork came up wonderful - suprised how dirty the bar was afterwards.

Also used Collenite 476 wax but still need to do the black trim - going to use Meguiares black trim restorer.

nice - i have a clay bar ready for a use one day - how did u find using it??

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Claybars are great for lifting tar, bugs & misc debris. Split the bar into 2 or 3 pieces (depending on size) that way if you drop it you only have to bin the small piece rather than the full thing.

Here's a good video on how to use it

Claying the kadj takes a while but there's something therapeutic about the process.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

I've tried polish (Autoglym SRP - its not very abrasive) and a little wax (Megs tech wax) looks fine and stops the finger prints :)

I bought some Autosol metal polish for the chrome styling bars, it did a nice job restoring the shine and removing the scuffs.

I have just ordered a pot of Fusso Soft99 wax as this is supposed to be one of the best lasting waxes on the market (up to 12 months on one wax). Shall let you know, its only a medium rated shine but one of the best for repelling water and dirt. Will post later when I try it!

One thing that is recommended is to properly prep the surface before waxing to get the best results - however, they dont say what to use.... anybody got any ideas for surface preparation, car only a month old but NOT supaguard treated ... dont think it would need clay-bar clean, just a shampoo and dry, what do you think?

I have been using autoglym super resin polish which gives a good shine but not top-notch water run-off.

Thanks,

Chris

Would recommend a gentle clay to ensure all contaminants are lifted so the wax has a a lovley smooth surface to bond to for maximum effect. Takes time but worth it for the best results

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

11 minutes ago, a-d-e said:

Would recommend a gentle clay to ensure all contaminants are lifted so the wax has a a lovley smooth surface to bond to for maximum effect. Takes time but worth it for the best results

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Thanks Ade,

Suprised that such a new car would need it but as you say its probably the best way to remove any previous polishes etc. to enable the wax to bond. Look forward to a nice dry day to get to work on it... very theraputic!

Chris

i did manage to clay the pan roof n windscreen the other day before rainx application and made a huge difference. Glass looked clean - until i clayed it!

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Spent this weekend working on the paintwork on my cadgey. A good wash and dry then used Bilt & Hamber Clay bar to remove any last surface resins. Followed by application of Fusso 99 light wax. I found it quite easy to use and so long as you didn't wait too long easy to buff off. Not a really deep shine but excellent water repellency.

Here is bonnet after a wash and rinse but before clay bar, notice how water stays in droplets on surface.

Dscn0385.jpg

This is clay bar after use on the bonnet: ( a bit out of focus but the bar was obviously clean and white before use)!

Dscn0384.jpg

And here is the bonnet after waxing and sprayed with water:

Dscn0391.jpg

As you can see the wax is extremely hydrophobic and water literally runs straight off when sprayed.

Fusso 99 claim up to 12 months protection so will keep you posted!

Chris