• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Polish's, Wax's, Whats your choice ?
2 2

56 posts in this topic

So are you a 2 bucket person, a pressure washer maniac are a complete or a detailing fanatic like me.

I can honestly say that I look after my cars bodywork better than my own body .

I wash the car weekly, polish it monthly, wax quarterly and  remove the wheels to deep clean quarterly.

I never ever take the car to a car wash, or use a pressure washer on it.

When washing I do the 2 bucket system, one with shampoo (Autoglym), the other with clean rinsing water to clean the lamb wools washing mitt ( no sponges used as they cause swirls in the paintwork) .

Always drying off with a good quality microfibre cloth, not a leather chammy, as they cause streaking.

The polish I use is either MER or Autoglym, the wax I use is DoDo Primelight, great for white cars as it many wax's can "yellow" a white car after prolonged use.

Never ever use washing up liquid as it contains salt.

So anyway I'm sure we all have different techniques on looking after our beloved cars, and sharing a few tips might help us all.

I have used Do-Do products in the past, I think it was called the 'Rain Forest Rub' a hard wax that worked great and produced a lovely shine, more recently I have been using carchem stuff, they are local to me (Nottingham) and it was great that they offered to show me around their factory, a real insight into the work that goes into producing everything to keep our vehicles looking good.

Great thread, in fact I'm going to dedicate a sub forum to Kadjar valeting and detailing :rolleyes: and keeping our cars super shiny

OK, I confess in the past I have been a sinner and taken my cars to be cleaned by the local hand wash, or even (whisper it :rolleyes:) the automatic car wash. Now that I have a black vehicle however, I have resolved not to be that man anymore, and to clean the Kadjar myself. I'm waiting for delivery of an AutoGlym bag of goodies so I can restore the new arrival to the condition I picked it up in last Saturday, and take some pictures to post.

I may never reach jactac's (mildly obsessive? :P) level of car detailing of course, but other than using the two bucket method I'd be interested in hearing what everyone else advises; for example, what's the deal with using clay bars...? Are they an essential, or just for those with too much time on their hands....?

Great subject and post! I'm a bit OCD and i enjoy the car cleaning lark big time. :D

2BM for sure... with grit guards; even a 3rd bucket dedicated for wheels/alloys.

I don't polish the car often (once a year?); but do keep up with regular waxing.... say once a month.

I actually enjoy using diffent products and manufacturers as part of the hobby.

My current favourite is EZ Car Care stuff.... managed to get a couple of detailing kits cheap in the Easter sale.

I'll be detailing mine on Saturday, which I am looking forward too.like you multiple buckets.

Have my plethora of Supaguard stuff to use, although I do need to get some more Dragons Breath to do the alloys.

Just a shame I don't have my RO Machine for rinsing any more.

I use collenite cubana wax, easy to apply,use it on the alloys to keep brake dust off, really lasts. Comes in a tin.

Was tested in Autoexpress as one of the best waxes you can buy!

This is a finishing wax and therefore not suitable for cutting.

I use collenite cubana wax it comes in a tin, I use this on the alloys to keep the brake dust off. Lasts and lasts.

This is a finishing wax, and therefore no good for cutting.

Sorry for the multiple comment, something went wrong!

Two buckets....Supaguard ph netral shampoo or Autogym shampoo and currently Supaguard alloy cleaner.

Good wipe over dry with a microfiber cloth, Supaguard alloy wheel protector (makes it easy to clean next time and super shiney).

Quick drive down bottom of road and back again...wipe up water runs as I don't have an airline to blow water out.

Currently using Supaguard trim and tyre dressing all over...

Not waxed a car for years but now I have new car I will be investing so any recommendations welcome...:)

I am OCD in the interior I have a cleaning cloth in my door bin which I wipe all the consel, gator switches vents down when I am in traffic so it's a daily affair and wash that cloth weekly..yes I do get strange looks in traffic..but other shave and do makeup..hate sitting in a car feeling all 'cochi minger'...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Recently bought some Autoglym shampoo, not very fond of it to be honest (doesn't seem to foam too well?). I picked up some Meguiars Gold Class last weekend and it's really good stuff. I don't have DA polisher so I just apply Autoglym Super Resin Polish by hand. I like Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 it's easy on/off and last's a good few weeks. Autoglym bumper and trim gel - works as advertised!.

My kadjar has chrome sidebars fitted (ex garage demo) so I need to find a decent product for cleaning them up.

"My kadjar has chrome sidebars fitted (ex garage demo) so I need to find a decent product for cleaning them up."

I got this with the light pack, am finding the Polisg guys don't clean them that well... I too would like to know what best to clean them with?

So it turns out I have the light pack but they didn't fit the wiring harness, It's since been fitted thanks for pointing that out Manns.

I did some research on the chrome and in the end I bought Autosol Metal Polish, it took a bit of elbow grease but they really look great.

I do the usual basic clean, polish and wax on paintwork but this is the 1st car I've had with a lot of black plastic !

Any suggestions on what is the best product to keep the bumpers and wheel arches looking good ?  

My last car was white and even with a pressure washer the job was lengthy. Always found I needed to soap and rinse a panel at a time and regularly more than once. Probably because I didn't clean it weekly.

Washed and waxed the Kadjar for the first time last weekend. I've got some Bilt & Hamber products (they had some reasonable reviews) and i found them pretty good. A defo improvement over the stuff I would get in the past from Halfords... AutoGlym, Triplewax, Carplan etc etc.

I first rinsed the car down then foamed it up before rinsing it off. I was expecting to have to follow that up with a shampoo but it didn't need it. Water beaded off so after a quick wipe down with a microfibre cloth I waxed it with their Double Speed Wax.

Whole process was quicker than I expected and almost a week later, it's still nice and shiny so I'm happy.

I normally use a combo pressure washer, bucket and noodle wash mitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have bought a new white Kadjar and having researched on the net I decided it was time to try and get technical with the cleaning process (at least on the exterior) so have invested in Sonax gloss shampoo which I apply with a wool mitt, then dry with a quality large microfibre towel.  After the first clean I applied Sonax Xtreme protect and shine (sealant).  Applied this 2 months ago and apart from washing with the shampoo haven't applied anything else to the paintwork.  Car cleans up really easily, and looks as though it has been showroom polished. 

Will update as the Xtreme is supposed to last up to 6 months, it also works well on the chrome bars (lighting pack).