• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Airbag Warning Light
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Yesterday was the first time I've driven with someone in the passenger seat. After a short distance, the airbag warning light appeared on the instrument panel - see the attached rather poor quality image . This intermittently  went off and then back on again for the entire 1 hour trip. This morning, with just me in the car, the warning light did not come on. I then  applied pressure to the passenger seat by just pushing on it, and the warning light came on again. I have the car booked in to replace a faulty passenger side courtesy/map reading light so will have this looked at also. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem or if its related to the "airbag" recall issue?.  

post-325-0-79424600-1463387153_thumb.jpg

If it persists I would contact the dealer to discuss. Failing that, check the discussion on ODBII connectors and see if there is an alarm code being generated for a faulty sensor or airbag 

The airbag switch is in the "ON" position - it is not something I would have touched anyway The manual suggests that there is a different symbol for when the airbag is deactivated and also the light with the "spanner" symbol would not be displayed, Therefore I believe it to be a genuine fault.  When I drive home later I will deactivate/re-activate the airbag switch to see if it has any effect.

After deactivating/activating the airbag switch the warning lights have now stopped coming on. Also the passenger side  "seat-belt unfastened" warning light and "beep" are now activated which weren't working before.