• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Dent 2
1 1

14 posts in this topic

So after a lovely weekend I would just like the thank the dickhead who hit my car and dented the rear quarter panel and scuff the rear bumper at Virginia water car park today where it's basically open grassed area with no demarcation but loads of space to park your car far away from another.. So much so you wonder how the F**k he (or she lets not be sexist!)managed to hit my car! And of course left without leaving details .. Thanks that's at least 500 quids worth of repair at best ! I really am beginning to hate having a new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have damaged one of my  Apollo wheels, had a replacement tyre (screw in side wall) and been hit by something on the motorway which resulted in dint in door mirror and front wing. All this in about 4 weeks. Previous 'new' car which i traded for Kadjar was in mint condition, paint chip stick never used, original tyres, and mint alloy wheels never been off car other than servicing.  Oh well.

Yikes. ... I get paranoid parking the car ... Am almost at the point a driving to the shops , no space with 2 foot either side , so go home and walk... Ouch!

Got a nice bump near the fuel opening thanks to a nice old lady careless smashing her car door on it while opening  :angry:  .... 

Worst thing.... she did not trust me and had to open the door again to see if was bumping in the same position .....

:(  :(

Got a nice bump near the fuel opening thanks to a nice old lady careless smashing her car door on it while opening :angry: ....

Worst thing.... she did not trust me and had to open the door again to see if was bumping in the same position .....

:(:(

Mines off to the body shop on Monday.. Luckily no replacement parts are required as apparently there is a huge delay if I wanted to change wheel arch trim

Hopefully it will come out all nice and new again. Can I suggest the bump guard .. They have worked on several occasions thus far.. Can only get them form USA at the moment. 100 quid but worth it.

Well I gues it had to happen, sooner or later! I've been careful to pick my parking spaces wisely, always considering the space around and the type of vehicles next to me. Well, while on holiday in Cornwall, I was limited to a parking space next to a white Ford Transit, I even nudged over, nearer to the car on the other side to allow plenty of room, I judged that there would have been about a doors width, plenty of room for the passenger door of the Transit. Upon my return, the Transit was gone and they'd left me with a nice small, yet deep dent, like a bullet mark, right on the rear passenger door, together with some white paint! You can see the dent from about 20 paces. What bugs me is that they must have swung the door open fully, with a lot of force, perhaps I should have left less room, so they couldn't get a 'full swing'. Has anyone had much success in using paintless dent removers (PDR), these are the people who can come to your house and, with tools, pull/knock out the dent.

Worst nightmare, my last car, Megane, 4 weeks old when a pheasant decided to try and land on the bonnet, a large impression of the bird was left, my ding man did a fabulous job, you had to look for it. So yes so long as there aren't any creases, should come out just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I gues it had to happen, sooner or later! I've been careful to pick my parking spaces wisely, always considering the space around and the type of vehicles next to me. Well, while on holiday in Cornwall, I was limited to a parking space next to a white Ford Transit, I even nudged over, nearer to the car on the other side to allow plenty of room, I judged that there would have been about a doors width, plenty of room for the passenger door of the Transit. Upon my return, the Transit was gone and they'd left me with a nice small, yet deep dent, like a bullet mark, right on the rear passenger door, together with some white paint! You can see the dent from about 20 paces. What bugs me is that they must have swung the door open fully, with a lot of force, perhaps I should have left less room, so they couldn't get a 'full swing'. Has anyone had much success in using paintless dent removers (PDR), these are the people who can come to your house and, with tools, pull/knock out the dent.

Ouch , you making me nervous , not to self , a quick photo of vans next time , number plate!

Mind you , I have a lad with learning difficulties , he opened the old car door full pelt , I didn't realise till , when sitting a macdonalds car park , these two people were looking at my car. I went out ... Sure enough the dint was made by my door . There's was a hire car. We exchanged details , but I never heard anything. Until I got a letter demanding money . I rang my insurance . Don't pay they said . Leave it with them.

Nothing happened ... Then when we wanted to swop insurance to this new car ... The case hadn't been closed !

A few polite words ... Soon had my insurance company grovelling for our custom.

Hope you get it sorted ... I get paranoid about were to park !!!