• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Would I buy another ?????
2 2

83 posts in this topic

All software has bugs, be it firmware or general software. It needs fixing and patching at times. Anyone who says a program is bug free is lying as it never is. Even the smallest and simplest I would be able to locate general bugs that could cause unexpected behaviour if used in a manner not expected.

So, badly programmed? Hmm, not sure until I see source code and architecture, so unable to comment.

Bug free? Not a chance :-)

Has anyone on here got a smartphone (Apple in particular as they are shocking for problems, yet people still buy them by the millions), tablet, laptop/PC that they can honestly say they have never had a problem with: freezing, stuttering, hanging, self re-setting, slowing down, not working until it is turned off and then on again etc?

I doubt it.

I've switched from PC to Mac and have never looked back, in fact all my Apple products have exceeded expectations. I did have a problem with Apple Pay on my iPhone 6 recently, so I took it back to Apple, even though it was 18 month old, they exchanged it for a new one without any quibble and told me I had a 6 year warranty for my Apple products, you can't criticise that!

I've switched from PC to Mac and have never looked back, in fact all my Apple products have exceeded expectations. I did have a problem with Apple Pay on my iPhone 6 recently, so I took it back to Apple, even though it was 18 month old, they exchanged it for a new one without any quibble and told me I had a 6 year warranty for my Apple products, you can't criticise that!

Apple are notorious for rushing out new products without the required testing and using some very sloppy programming. Wow, Apple replaced a phone, so massively overpriced they will still be well in profit. Then there is the repeated refusal to have progressive compatibility, meaning Apple machines become obsolete far too quickly...great for getting people to buy another Apple product. 

I have gone back to PC due to issues for self publishing with Apple.

If it's not badly or incorrectly programmed how come I've had 5 software " procedures " in 6 months that ,by definition, is bad or incorrect programming  .As far as danger goes some owners , myself included, have been driving Kadjars around for 6 months with the ticking time bomb of the airbag issue ,Renault withheld sales of new Kadjars to sort it out , but did they notify current owners that there may be a problem? NO!

Most of us did the homework including reading the manuals and , looking at the wing mirrors from the manuals available , it does give the impression that .they do . Like you, I'm not to concerned about the wing mirrors , but some are  , it's their right to be a little unhappy  .

If all is hunky dory with yours ,I'm happy for you but let's let others have their opinions please

So how many airbags had issues...went off...failed to go off.

And let me, and others who don't have issues, have our opinion without being the subject of abuse.

I just find it faintly ironic that Apple is getting a slagging , but it's the latest Samsung phones that don't work with the car.And all this talk that you should expect dodgy programming no matter what ,makes me really excited about the future of driverless cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just find it faintly ironic that Apple is getting a slagging , but it's the latest Samsung phones that don't work with the car.And all this talk that you should expect dodgy programming no matter what ,makes me really excited about the future of driverless cars

Not at all convinced on driverless cars for a multitude of reasons. I know one of the main arguments for is the biggest cause of accidents is the flesh in the chair, but also the flesh in the chair also reacts to a lot in a preventative manner even if it is not apparent. I know systems are getting better, but still, it'll take a lot of convincing / testing before I'll sit back. The yoof of today are happy, was at a school presentation where they were viewing it as wasted time driving, when you could be doing so many other things like chatting on social media (I laughed a lot there)

Having seen a lot of software, a lot of processes, and experienced trying to get acceptance of bugs where the software / computer was wrong then I have a hard tie justifying it. Car crashes i can see insurance and blame issues being argued as to fault and software cannot be wrong etc. Had arguments with banks where they are adamant ATMs are fault proof and anything is my fault (yeah right).

Also support systems where if you can fix with a workaround rather than fix the bug then your metrics aren't tainted and your KPIs therefore appear "better"

Software has bugs. Fact of life. Some are more serious than others. Triage, and fix the ones causing issues. In the Bluetooth instance, I am on the fence with where the issue lies. So many phones are OK, Sammy appears to have an issue. However, my Samsung Galaxy Edge 6+ connects and has strong reliability with every single bluetooth device it connects with, other than the car. Makes me think the RLink is at fault, but then why are all other phones fine with it? A tricky one, but as they have admitted to reproducing the fault then they should now know where it lies and who is responsible As soon as you can reproduce, you are in the area of where the fault is and can understand it and then even better test and prove the fix. The wall of silence is the frustrating aspect from a user perspective, but from big companies (They are ALL alike, Apple, Samsung, Renault etc) it is all the same. I have products from all (I do not favour I use right tool for the job and how I use things) and every single time I talk to support teams I am left aghast at the policies in place when they refuse to admit a fault that is evidently theirs (and have you ever tried to talk to one of their (Apple) so called "Genius'"? Oh my word, do not even think about it as the booking system is crap and they are clueless)

Ah well, Wednesday morning rant over. Coffee time  :P

So how many airbags had issues...went off...failed to go off.

And let me, and others who don't have issues, have our opinion without being the subject of abuse.

What a dumb statement that is "So how many airbags had issues...went off...failed to go off " . How many Kadjars have had crashes ? How would I know ? The issue is the wrong airbag deploying or not deploying . Would Renault have issued a recall if it wasn't a safety issue ? Definitely not !!!!

I've merely stated my opinion on the forum, if you've had dealings with the incredibly uninformed Support and Service you would know those opinions to be fact .   . apparently you are entitled to have your say but the rest of us aren't , unless they agree with the mighty Topographic Pray tell me where and when I've abused you on the forum for having an opinion contrary to mine ? I may have an opinion of you but  I keep that to myself .

I started this topic and it proves that there are some on this forum who dismiss anyone having an opinion against the KJ. I was honest when originally asked the question .. The issues of patchy build quality and poor customer support and rlink issues can and should be resolved .. Then I may change MY opinion .. Until. Then I won't be bullied by twats like Topocronic who dismisses everything that's against the KJ. What a prat!

Why have Apple been brought into this thread ? I'm not an Apple devotee but the thread is" would Chris buy another Kadjar " not would he buy another IPhone . I have a quite a few Smartphones ( Android and Windows ) with very few problems too . Is somebody trying to deflect attention from the relevant points raised in this thread ?

I'm perfectly happy with the KADJAR so far, given it has its little idiosyncrasies (like any other car for that matter). Anyone is entitled to their opinion, but having to press a button doesn't make a good car bad. Just my 2 cents.

I'm perfectly happy with the KADJAR so far, given it has its little idiosyncrasies (like any other car for that matter). Anyone is entitled to their opinion, but having to press a button doesn't make a good car bad. Just my 2 cents.

Personally I think there are 3 sets of gripes going.

1. Minor aspects of something people don't like (illuminations etc) or some software bug (I'm looking at you RLink)
  2. Car has obviously been built badly and so suffers issues and people are quite rightly upset after dropping > £20k for a substandard product quality
  3. After sales support

Now, everyone with point 1 will argue differently. A lot are personal choice, for instance I hate internal lights in a cabin for night driving so illumination distracts and I have muscle memory now for all switch locations so no issues etc etc. Others think cheap / cost cutting

Point 2 is something Renault need to step up and fix and resolve the slow parts and resolution for obvious issues / faults. But I think French manufacturers are inherently slow in this area (Peugot I waited weeks for an engine part to come from France). I suspect they do just in time manufacture and new cars have a currently higher revenue stream than fix a fault etc. 

After sales is purely a process driven thing to fix.

Everyone has their opinion and rightly so. Some are blown out of proportion for me, but Meh so be it. Others are from experience and until you have been through the same then you would not appreciate where the come from perhaps.

As a whole, so far I am happy with the car. Minor gripes and gumbles (bluetooth for phone and even worse is the damn passenger side visor H&S warning thing for the airbags making the car look crap inside). But as a car to drive, lovely  :D

I'm not sure anyone has said the car was badly built, perhaps they omitted some key features (illumination) in the designing stages, mine has been well built, it just doesn't deliver in areas like Rlink2. With regard to customer care, the dealers are franchises and poorly trained/educated in the products and RUK are just call centres who share there staff with Nissan

I'm not sure anyone has said the car was badly built, perhaps they omitted some key features (illumination) in the designing stages, mine has been well built, it just doesn't deliver in areas like Rlink2. With regard to customer care, the dealers are franchises and poorly trained/educated in the products and RUK are just call centres who share there staff with Nissan

Mine is certainly well built. Key features are point 1 :-) and personal. Some people are raising questions, however, and are on 2nd Kadjar, or battling with what seems like poor quality. Not stating that all are like that as mine most certainly is not. However, there are a few that appear to be rolling off the line, for whatever reason, with a quality assurance issue.

What a dumb statement that is "So how many airbags had issues...went off...failed to go off " . How many Kadjars have had crashes ? How would I know ? The issue is the wrong airbag deploying or not deploying . Would Renault have issued a recall if it wasn't a safety issue ? Definitely not !!!!

I've merely stated my opinion on the forum, if you've had dealings with the incredibly uninformed Support and Service you would know those opinions to be fact .   . apparently you are entitled to have your say but the rest of us aren't , unless they agree with the mighty Topographic Pray tell me where and when I've abused you on the forum for having an opinion contrary to mine ? I may have an opinion of you but  I keep that to myself .

I am not dumb and the question is a valid one when considering the almost hysterical reaction to a recall that has been seen on the forum. When I spoke to the dealer about the recall he said it was precautionary and no faults were found on any of the cars they had tested, including mine. 

Try reading what I've said, I have not said people should not raise issues but the feeding frenzy and moaning about non issues is irritating....but hey why let the truth get in the way of an excuse to moan.

Your post is very condescending, I couldn't give a toss of your opinion of me, you don't know me in the slightest and to me you are just a name on a computer screen; that is not what this is about, though it may be to you?

So the fact you can see past the recessed flap and and stick your finger in the gap doesn't make you think it's a teeny weeny bit too large?63e59fd4179f737fd652046c3f90f1ea.jpg313b32a1eb5a6b956bf5002ea9254e4b.jpg

I am not dumb and the question is a valid one when considering the almost hysterical reaction to a recall that has been seen on the forum. When I spoke to the dealer about the recall he said it was precautionary and no faults were found on any of the cars they had tested, including mine. 

Try reading what I've said, I have not said people should not raise issues but the feeding frenzy and moaning about non issues is irritating....but hey why let the truth get in the way of an excuse to moan.

Your post is very condescending, I couldn't give a toss of your opinion of me, you don't know me in the slightest and to me you are just a name on a computer screen; that is not what this is about, though it may be to you?

I didn't say you were dumb , I said the question was dumb ....there is a difference . If you read my answer it said " how would I know " which I think is a reasonable question seeing as I don't work for a motor insurance company and would have no access as to how may Kadjars have been side swiped and whether or not the airbags deployed . Renault raised the issue of the airbags and well done to them for that .

It seems to me that you just want to create and carry on an argument about what you perceive we are saying without reading and understanding  our comments ,based on experience . Sounds like the definition of trolling doesn't it ?

I'll not be replying to any more of your posts . Don't take as a sign of victory , take as a sign that I can no longer be arsed