• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Would I buy another ?????
2 2

77 posts in this topic

Funnily enough someone stopped me today in supermarket carpark asking me what I thought of it as they were considering buying one.. My answer was .. Would I buy another ? No. too many build quality issues rlink problems; poor user manual which shows the cost savings Renault have made eg auto mirrors!!! Which are not auto folding in the uk! Sorry Renault but you really have let yourself down on this car. As it's based on the QQ you would think a lot of the build issues would be resolved .. Apparently not you only have to look on the forum to realise this. My advice to the lady who asked .. Stick with Kia Mazda or vw/Audi/ seat and I doubt you will have the niggling faults we have had

Ps my niece called me today to pick her up as her twingo cut out ie died electrically on motorway exit roundabout .. Lucky not to have a bad accident . This after the car was with Renault for over 2 months trying to find ECU faults that affected the whole car. It's going back tomorrow and she is rejecting it and doesn't want a replacement or another Renault . Not good RUk ! This will be my last Renault as well . It's such a shame that poor design and product components probably in cost saving exercise is leading to poor quality cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick to Kia? My Brother had a Sedona ..wheel fell off, on the motorway...Kia said he hadn't put it back on properly, the wheel had never been off. The replacement (through insurance) had a gearbox that destroyed itself within 2 months. Kia said damage was not part of the warranty! Swapped it for a Scenic and never looked back. (VW/Audi build quality and reliability plummeted recently) Even my MX5 arrived with a huge scratch on the boot which the dealer failed to spot and then they scratched the drivers door at the first service.

Any car can have issues, any make.

Strangely had 7 Citroens over the years and only issue had was with dashboard lights on a Picasso.

I think you have to look at the latest Kia's not from 5 years ago! They are progressing so fast ! My seat altea was fine and so was my Passat and. Golf gti. Yes all manufacturers have issues with all cars.. There can be no doubt of that .. I just don't think you will get the gripes and issues we are currently getting in th KJ .. Have you looked at the latest Sportage on the Dvla recall notices?....

I had a QQ from new, plagued with problems, customer services were awful, I said I'd never buy another Nissan! Yet many love the car, I just had a duff! I've recently looked at the new Sportage, the front end is ugly and the inside looks as though it was designed and built in North Korea!

I think you have to look at the latest Kia's not from 5 years ago! They are progressing so fast ! My seat altea was fine and so was my Passat and. Golf gti. Yes all manufacturers have issues with all cars.. There can be no doubt of that .. I just don't think you will get the gripes and issues we are currently getting in th KJ .. Have you looked at the latest Sportage on the Dvla recall notices?....

This was just before Christmas 2014, sorry it was a Sorrento........big bus of a thing.

Funnily enough someone stopped me today in supermarket carpark asking me what I thought of it as they were considering buying one.. My answer was .. Would I buy another ? No. too many build quality issues rlink problems; poor user manual which shows the cost savings Renault have made eg auto mirrors!!! Which are not auto folding in the uk! Sorry Renault but you really have let yourself down on this car. As it's based on the QQ you would think a lot of the build issues would be resolved .. Apparently not you only have to look on the forum to realise this. My advice to the lady who asked .. Stick with Kia Mazda or vw/Audi/ seat and I doubt you will have the niggling faults we have had

Ps my niece called me today to pick her up as her twingo cut out ie died electrically on motorway exit roundabout .. Lucky not to have a bad accident . This after the car was with Renault for over 2 months trying to find ECU faults that affected the whole car. It's going back tomorrow and she is rejecting it and doesn't want a replacement or another Renault . Not good RUk ! This will be my last Renault as well . It's such a shame that poor design and product components probably in cost saving exercise is leading to poor quality cars!

I would buy another one had mine six months immaculate to drive no issues at all as for mirrors nothing wrong with just pushing the button it's not hard to do

I would buy another one had mine six months immaculate to drive no issues at all as for mirrors nothing wrong with just pushing the button it's not hard to do

I'd buy two, one to drive and one to look nice on the drive. If I was as negative as some on this site I'd sell it and move on rather than bitching the whole time. :)

Blah blah blah it's my opinion and your entitled to yours ..you don't have to agree. The woman asked me and I replied based on my experience. You are one of the lucky ones if you're is completely fault free but I really don't believe it is.. You must have the traffic camera speedo problem.. Unless you have a cheapie model and don't go there with the mirrors you know if u follow the forum that this a function that Renault have ENGINEERED out of the car to save money on having a more expensive wiring loom as its available now on the QQ ... Pushing the button is not the point on a 20 grand car!

Yes it's a nice car.. Are there better based upon build quality and customer service ( and that's an important part).. In my opinion there are.. If Seat would still build a freetrack I would buy another again hands down.. It was fantastic so underrated .. Maybe the looks weren't great but it capabilities and user frenulum was were superb. The ateca looks really appealing .. Maybe not as good looking but my bet is that it will be the better car in a head to head test.. We wait and see.

Would I buy another?

On the basis of my experience yes I would. Have had no issues with the dealer, delivery time or the car itself which looks and drives absolutely fab. My only regret is not getting the the retractable tow bar and bike carrier. I don't want to use my rear mounted bike carrier as I know it'll mark the car! But hey ho that was the choice I made!

I'd buy two, one to drive and one to look nice on the drive. If I was as negative as some on this site I'd sell it and move on rather than bitching the whole time. :)

It's because we want Renault to improve the car and get the car it should be that we bitch and moan. Come on get F....ing real it's NOT perfect by any means... That I express an opinion that it could and should be better is the only way some at Renault may listen to its customers. But you keep that stiff up lip and let's keep things as they are... Do you realise it's people like ulfire on this forum by constantly harassing RenUK that's resolving problems that renUK cannot answer its customers FFS get your head out of your posterior !

Blah blah blah it's my opinion and your entitled to yours ..you don't have to agree. The woman asked me and I replied based on my experience. You are one of the lucky ones if you're is completely fault free but I really don't believe it is.. You must have the traffic camera speedo problem.. Unless you have a cheapie model and don't go there with the mirrors you know if u follow the forum that this a function that Renault have ENGINEERED out of the car to save money on having a more expensive wiring loom as its available now on the QQ ... Pushing the button is not the point on a 20 grand car!

Yes it's a nice car.. Are there better based upon build quality and customer service ( and that's an important part).. In my opinion there are.. If Seat would still build a freetrack I would buy another again hands down.. It was fantastic so underrated .. Maybe the looks weren't great but it capabilities and user frenulum was were superb. The ateca looks really appealing .. Maybe not as good looking but my bet is that it will be the better car in a head to head test.. We wait and see.

The traffic speed 'problem' isn't even an inconvenience. If you are so bothered sell the thing and go. Buy a Qashqai and wallow in the pure joy of the folding mirrors.

Frenulum?

Blah blah blah. ....don't be such a condescending, patronizing pillock. 

It's because we want Renault to improve the car and get the car it should be that we bitch and moan. Come on get F....ing real it's NOT perfect by any means... That I express an opinion that it could and should be better is the only way some at Renault may listen to its customers. But you keep that stiff up lip and let's keep things as they are... Do you realise it's people like ulfire on this forum by constantly harassing RenUK that's resolving problems that renUK cannot answer its customers FFS get your head out of your posterior !

You really are an annoying offensive $$$$. 

Nothing is perfect. Live with it or lose it.

And I have the right to express my opinion, I have had no problems. 

Oh so you do admit it has a problem well well and there I was thinking God had created the most perfect car in the world and all the gripes and issues raised in this forum.. If which they are many have been manufactured by disgruntled QQ owners..how wrong can I be... I gave an honest opinion and straight away I'm bitching and moaning blah blah blah .. You are the condense ding twat sir not me. But hey I stand corrected everybody ... I totally wrong the car is absolutely perfect 100% and there is no need for this forum as we can all get on enjoying the car with absolutely nothing wrong with it and needs no improvements or fixes and the current on hold on deliveries and recalls are just pure bollocks.. I stand corrected .

So you don't understand English then, or have the ability to write it, evidently.

So you don't understand English then, or have the ability to write it, evidently.

STOP PRESS RENAULT KADJAR NOW CLASSED AS A DEITY BY SOME FORUM MEMBERS AS IT HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE INFALLIBLE! ! Life is precious so get one

Well I have had my KJ 2 months and am delighted with it. I think like any car, you can be lucky or otherwise whether you get a good un. I agree that non auto wing mirrors are a bit of a bind, I keep forgetting to close them and have actually almost driven off with them closed. Apart from that and getting inside some of the settings like the air-con and the badly written and uninformative user manual (I have often found the info I wanted via this forum thanks to ULFIRE and others), apart from that the car is great to drive. Comfortable, handles bends with ease and performance is brilliant and it's very fuel efficient. So far I have not had to contact RUK or my dealer so long may that last. :)  All in all I would mark the car 9 out of 10, only marked down slightly re the non auto folding mirrors.

Mine is a 1.6 Sig Nav.

The traffic speed 'problem' isn't even an inconvenience. If you are so bothered sell the thing and go. Buy a Qashqai and wallow in the pure joy of the folding mirrors.

Frenulum?

Blah blah blah. ....don't be such a condescending, patronizing pillock. 

OK the traffic speed indication is not a great inconvenience I'll agree . Can you not see that this is evidence of an incorrectly programmed car ?  I have owned my Kadjar for 6 months of trouble free and enjoyable driving . This week I will be visiting the dealer for the 4th time for a programming issue , one of which is the airbag issue which Support had previously told me didn't apply to my vehicle !!!! . Reading through the posts there may be a fifth visit coming up for the Bluetooth issue . Don't you think that 4 or 5 visits to the dealer in this time scale is unacceptable ?

Given that the Kadjar is heavily reliant on it's electronic systems and subsystems , aren't you even the slightest bit concerned that the Kadjar is badly and incorrectly programmed ?

I certainly am as I think others are and rightly should be .

As far as Chris' post is concerned , I was thinking about the Scenic rather than the Kadjar but ,given my dealings with support , I find myself looking at the Kia Niro or Hyundai Ioniq ( depending in boot size )

OK the traffic speed indication is not a great inconvenience I'll agree . Can you not see that this is evidence of an incorrectly programmed car ?  I have owned my Kadjar for 6 months of trouble free and enjoyable driving . This week I will be visiting the dealer for the 4th time for a programming issue , one of which is the airbag issue which Support had previously told me didn't apply to my vehicle !!!! . Reading through the posts there may be a fifth visit coming up for the Bluetooth issue . Don't you think that 4 or 5 visits to the dealer in this time scale is unacceptable ?

Given that the Kadjar is heavily reliant on it's electronic systems and subsystems , aren't you even the slightest bit concerned that the Kadjar is badly and incorrectly programmed ?

I certainly am as I think others are and rightly should be .

As far as Chris' post is concerned , I was thinking about the Scenic rather than the Kadjar but ,given my dealings with support , I find myself looking at the Kia Niro or Hyundai Ioniq ( depending in boot size )

Bluetooth works fine, RLink has worked flawlessly. I speak as I see. My problem is people who regard things as problems when they are not. Wing mirrors, unlit switches et al...do the research before buying and if it is a deal breaker don't buy. If not leave it alone instead of listing it as a problem and moaning about it and distorting the number of actual issues. People seem happy with the price but then take issue with what is left out.

I don't see any potential danger given the RlLink problems some people allege. I think "badly and incorrectly programmed" is a gross exaggeration. All modern cars  are reliant on computer chips and programming, if the issues were that bad the car would simply not work.

Bluetooth works fine, RLink has worked flawlessly. I speak as I see. My problem is people who regard things as problems when they are not. Wing mirrors, unlit switches et al...do the research before buying and if it is a deal breaker don't buy. If not leave it alone instead of listing it as a problem and moaning about it and distorting the number of actual issues. People seem happy with the price but then take issue with what is left out.

I don't see any potential danger given the RlLink problems some people allege. I think "badly and incorrectly programmed" is a gross exaggeration. All modern cars  are reliant on computer chips and programming, if the issues were that bad the car would simply not work.

If it's not badly or incorrectly programmed how come I've had 5 software " procedures " in 6 months that ,by definition, is bad or incorrect programming  .As far as danger goes some owners , myself included, have been driving Kadjars around for 6 months with the ticking time bomb of the airbag issue ,Renault withheld sales of new Kadjars to sort it out , but did they notify current owners that there may be a problem? NO!

Most of us did the homework including reading the manuals and , looking at the wing mirrors from the manuals available , it does give the impression that .they do . Like you, I'm not to concerned about the wing mirrors , but some are  , it's their right to be a little unhappy  .

If all is hunky dory with yours ,I'm happy for you but let's let others have their opinions please

All software has bugs, be it firmware or general software. It needs fixing and patching at times. Anyone who says a program is bug free is lying as it never is. Even the smallest and simplest I would be able to locate general bugs that could cause unexpected behaviour if used in a manner not expected.

So, badly programmed? Hmm, not sure until I see source code and architecture, so unable to comment.

Bug free? Not a chance :-)

Has anyone on here got a smartphone (Apple in particular as they are shocking for problems, yet people still buy them by the millions), tablet, laptop/PC that they can honestly say they have never had a problem with: freezing, stuttering, hanging, self re-setting, slowing down, not working until it is turned off and then on again etc?

I doubt it.