• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Location of the ODB 2 connector
6 6

27 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Does anyone know the location of the ODB 2 connector on the Kadjar? Cant seem to find it anywhere. I have the torque app on my smartphone and an odb 2 bluetooth adapter and would like to log my trips with torque. Dealer said they would get back to me with a location but never did. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Does anyone know the location of the ODB 2 connector on the Kadjar? Cant seem to find it anywhere. I have the torque app on my smartphone and an odb 2 bluetooth adapter and would like to log my trips with torque. Dealer said they would get back to me with a location but never did. Thanks in advance.

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/location-plug-connector-obd/Renault-kadjar

renault-kadjar-hood-lever-obd2-connector

Hi guys, I just got my Kadjar 1.6 4wd. Been 2 weeks and so far no problems (touch wood).

I want to access the dlc port and for the life of me cannot seem to get that panel beside the glove box opened.

Maybe I'm not forceful enough but at the same time I don't want to break anything trying to get it off.

Any ideas on how to get this opened?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Well tried to get that cover off and there appears to be a clip at the bottom, but refuses to shift. Not sure how to get the cover off at all without damaging clips.

Hmm, time to rethink before I damage something :-)

Ahh. Hidden under the side panel. Looks sensible. Will have a good play when I get a few minutes

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Just a question, is the information you can get of practical use or just academic?

The OBDII connector dumps all the engine diagnostic data and all the software instrumentation. You can tie it to apps out if the car. For me as a techie it's more of an interest to rummage around the internals.

Android has apps such as torque that process and display the output and sensor fault codes etc

The OBDII connector dumps all the engine diagnostic data and all the software instrumentation. You can tie it to apps out if the car. For me as a techie it's more of an interest to rummage around the internals.

Android has apps such as torque that process and display the output and sensor fault codes etc

I found the useful when I had a lot of false error messages on a Scenic I owned . OBD scanner £16 cost of garage removing faults from memory £50 it's a no brainer on modern cars 

So it's more or less ;) in the same location for left and right hand steering.

I just ordered the ODB 2 bluetooth plug, as I have a (hopefully) wrong error message telling me "check injection". I will erase the message and will see if it pops up again meaning I must really see the dealer.

The message came up when I was checking the two wires of the horn with a voltmeter to see if there is a plus and minus. The engine is still running with normal power so I doubt if there is really something wrong.

And beside that I'm just curious what other data comes out of my Kadjar.

1edv-61YDXF2UkfL._SL1119_-sm.jpg

Not vag for sure, Renault is particular for reading codes, you need to check with the supplier that the reader can read renault although it's supposed to be a common interface!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i plugged the little blue dongle in my car today, connected my mobile phone (only works with Android phones, in this case a simple Samsung J5) via bluetooth and started the engine -  it worked like a charm :D. I could read the values of the ECU and more important I could reset the error code and the orange light went out! Perfekt - the bluetooth dongle was 11,99 EUR plus 3,55 for the full version of TorquePro. Tomorrow I will try to connect with my Huawei tablet, maybe I can do some pictures of the setting.

Nevertheless next time I would go for a dongle that switches off when the car switches off, so I could keep it in place.

IMG-20170412-WA0001.jpeg

20170414_093722_resized.jpg

20170413_131723_resized.jpg

20170413_131746_resized.jpg

20170413_131817_resized.jpg

Edited by Kaidjar
pictures

7 hours ago, Kaidjar said:

Well i plugged the little blue dongle in my car today, connected my mobile phone (only works with Android phones, in this case a simple Samsung J5) via bluetooth and started the engine -  it worked like a charm :D. I could read the values of the ECU and more important I could reset the error code and the orange light went out! Perfekt - the bluetooth dongle was 11,99 EUR plus 3,55 for the full version of TorquePro. Tomorrow I will try to connect with my Huawei tablet, maybe I can do some pictures of the setting.

Nevertheless next time I would go for a dongle that switches off when the car switches off, so I could keep it in place.

More importantly what was the error code for the light and why was it on? Unless I've missed something because I'm using an android phone which can't keep up with its self, iPhone is flat!

The light was on because of me playing around with the electricity. I was checking with a Voltmeter the wiring of the horn. Error Code said Check Injection but as the car was running smoothly I deleted the Code. If something is really wrong the lights will turn on again.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk