• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Bose sound system quality?
7 7

94 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Got my Kadjar in Flame Red ordered (I already have a Clio in Red and I love it) and am now waiting for delivery in the middle of May and filling my time reading reviews and looking a pictures etc.

I'm trying to see what the quality of the Bose sound system is like and the only mention of it on a non-renault site I could find said it was mediocre at best and not worth the money! Just looking to see what current owners think?

Also, how are you guys playing music? I currently use my iPhone on the R-link 1 via a cable with Napster. It's good but I can't skip tracks using the car system, I have to skip on the phone screen. If I use bluetooth I CAN skip tracks OK but then the album artwork doesn't show up and every 45 seconds or so there is a small drop-out in the music, only a micro-second but enough to become annoying. Just wondered if the R-link 2 is better in this respect?

Cheers, Jason.

I think Renault brochure claim of turning your car into a "concert hall " is a bit of poetic licence.Dial back your expectations a bit. Overall it's ok.

Because it's controlled by the R-link system,they have managed to dumb it all down a little.Your options to fiddle with sound settings are limited to Bass ,Treble and Balance/Fade.There is no software graphic equaliser, which i was very surprised not to see.But i think that's down to lack of proper development and the missing features of the R-link 2 system, and may come at a later date (tongue in cheek).No option for automatic volume control as you increase your speed either.

Can't comment on using Napster.Works fine for displaying artwork and skipping tracks using my iphone, on bluetooth or usb for music stored on my phone. 

Because it's part of the signature package there are other things i'm very happy about that make up for the slight disappointment with the Bose system...The panoramic sunroof makes the car feel light and airy, and the full LED headlights are freakin awesome.So i just think to myself 2 out of three isn't bad.

Agree with 1964, the Bose is nothing special, it might be because it's being held back by the current Rlink2 software.

Or just that Bose is not that great anyway. Never been impressed with Bose and I have always had very good quality Hi-Fi at home. I have found Bose products to be gimmicky but very well promoted.

That's a real shame to hear guys as this is one of the main reasons I went for the Signature version over the Dynamique. I'm sure I'll still love it but might not be as good as I think it will be. Thanks for the feedback.

Sound quality has a subjective element to it so here's my 10p worth.  I don't miss the ability to fiddle with lots of tone settings, in fact the bass and treble on mine are unchanged. The only thing I have done is move the fader back a notch so the sound 'centre' is just behind the front seats.  I think the quality is good and the amp is able to push out high volumes without distortion.  I mostly listen to DR and Spotify (Premium) connected via USB and bluetooth.  Everything from classical to the latest dance / EDM.  If the DR signal isn't strong then the sound quality suffers, however, Spotify (with the highest bit rate) always offers a very sumptuous sound.  Combine this with the low noise intrusion from the engine (I have the 1.5 with EDC) and wind (tyres are a little more persistent on poor surfaces) and the overall 'aural' experience for a car of this type / cost is excellent.   

Thanks  pshawfocus, gives me hope. I'm no audiophile, I just want a nice deep base and clear treble. The sound system in the Clio is pretty good in my opinion so I'm hoping this is even better.

As I said in my post on the newbie forum, I am underwhelmed with it on the whole. Got some bose bits at home and the stuff in the car is subdued by comparison, although i think the lack of options to fine tune the settings to my particular taste is a significant a part of the problem. Lack of auto-volume is perhaps the most irritating thing - it should be standard on any kind of "premium" audio system.

At least the Arkamys has the ability to automatically adjust the volume with speed!

Could this be the clue as to why it hasn't ?

"Once we've crafted the sound, we can protect it. Some vehicles are equipped with our AudioPilot® noise compensation technology. It "listens" for unwanted sounds that can adversely affect the listening environment, such as changing road surface, traffic, or an open sunroof. Then it continuously adjusts the music to maintain its quality. And it all happens automatically."

Taken from the Bose website

The relevant words there are "some Vehicles".It has a similar ring to Renaults hand book phrase "depending on the vehicle"

HMMM..and a vehicle that is so heavily Bose branded, both inside and out with badges .What's the bet AudioPilot isn't compatible with the R-link 2 system ?

The relevant words there are "some Vehicles".It has a similar ring to Renaults hand book phrase "depending on the vehicle"

HMMM..and a vehicle that is so heavily Bose branded, both inside and out with badges .What's the bet AudioPilot isn't compatible with the R-link 2 system ?

Not sure what your gripe is with Renault here. That is a Bose issue, AudioPilot ? will do it's own thing, part of the Bose programming. Bose are not exactly top end; AudioPilot may or may not exist in reality, but it looks good in marketing brochures. The quote from the website is typical BB, (Bose Bullshit).

I have seen 'depending on vehicle' or similar in every handbook i have had where there are multiple options and models. It saves doing one for each variant (check how many you could have for the Kadjar). I think you are taking a pop for the sake of it.

No gripes or taking pops , just throwing out some information that may or may not be relevant . Volume with speed works on the Arkamys system , not as well on previous Renaults I've owned , and I'm not really bothered about it in any case . I've got the volume control at my fingertips ...easy peasy   :)

No gripes or taking pops , just throwing out some information that may or may not be relevant . Volume with speed works on the Arkamys system , not as well on previous Renaults I've owned , and I'm not really bothered about it in any case . I've got the volume control at my fingertips ...easy peasy   :)

Not an answer to your post, I also think the 'ordinary' system is fine too. 

Not sure what your gripe is with Renault here. That is a Bose issue, AudioPilot ? will do it's own thing, part of the Bose programming. Bose are not exactly top end; AudioPilot may or may not exist in reality, but it looks good in marketing brochures. The quote from the website is typical BB, (Bose Bullshit).

I have seen 'depending on vehicle' or similar in every handbook i have had where there are multiple options and models. It saves doing one for each variant (check how many you could have for the Kadjar). I think you are taking a pop for the sake of it.

If you don't like my observations,or grumblings about Renault and the underdeveloped buggy R-Link 2 system,you have the freedom to hit the ignore my posts button.

... Here we go again....

Oh no we don't .... if it's any consolation I can see both sides of this one . First thing I did on my test drive was turn the Arkamys system up full and then thought "that's good enough.... screw paying an extra couple of grand for the Bose " and then started my test drive with a shell shocked ,newly deaf salesman 

Oh no we don't .... if it's any consolation I can see both sides of this one . First thing I did on my test drive was turn the Arkamys system up full and then thought "that's good enough.... screw paying an extra couple of grand for the Bose " and then started my test drive with a shell shocked ,newly deaf salesman 

I think it handles Motorhead very well and Prince's Endorphinmachine probably woke up half of Wiltshire.

Thought I would add my thoughts,

I have had the Bose in three different Renault models and all worked and sounded great,especially in the Kadjar.

I would say it could make enough quality sound to get noticed by the boy/girl racers, ha ha.

Any sound system is wasted in this car. The fact is that at 120/130 kph on an average surface this is the noisiest car i have ever sat in.   I have measured it and it hits 90db. If you worked in a factory or with machinery you would be required to wear ear protection. this is coming from the wheels which are 19"on my Sig.Model maybe the 17" are better (can anyone tell me ?) because if them are i will definitely consider changing them.   The Bose. system will not turn up automatically to compensate which is just as well because when you turn it up yourself and then stop the car you realize  just how much volume it takes to overcome the roar noise. 

Any sound system is wasted in this car. The fact is that at 120/130 kph on an average surface this is the noisiest car i have ever sat in.   I have measured it and it hits 90db. If you worked in a factory or with machinery you would be required to wear ear protection. this is coming from the wheels which are 19"on my Sig.Model maybe the 17" are better (can anyone tell me ?) because if them are i will definitely consider changing them.   The Bose. system will not turn up automatically to compensate which is just as well because when you turn it up yourself and then stop the car you realize  just how much volume it takes to overcome the roar noise. 

You might want to consider using some sound insulation/deadening measures in the wheel arches,foot wells,and boot floor.. that would be way cheaper than getting a full set of rims and tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk