• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Towing 1.6 2wd
2 2

20 posts in this topic

Well my first trip out 67miles with my Bailey Ranger 500/5 MTPLM 1233kg....

Wow...towed like a dream, felt steady and the 1.6 had more than enough grunt in it. Came along to 60mph up hill and down dale with no issue.

Average of 32mpg....sat nav took me in a totally different way we would normally come and threw some curve ball country roads at us but no issues...

All in all very happy....even more so as I was nervous giving up my Freelander2

post-446-0-18277300-1462479426_thumb.jpg

Very nice set up

have been waiting for you to report back on your first trip

Did the caravan sit really well as I know it's only got a ball weight of 75kg

We collect our car very soon and that is the sole purpose we got it was for towing

Hope to see more kadjars as tow cars

#TTW

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it sat well, I use an nose weight scale so had the van at 70kg which allows for the odd item to move forward under braking.

Even on narrow bumpy country roads it felt steady. I was really pleased with it..at 30mpg I thought was respectable and didn't expect the car to wow in that department due to being a 1.6 . But certainly driving it felt like it was more what I would expect out of a 2.0l diesel and certainly wasn't far off the Freelander2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wow...towed like a dream, felt steam and the 1.6 had more than enough grunt in to it. Cam let along to 60mph up hill and down dale with no issue.

Average of 32mpg....sat nav took in a totally different way we would normally come and threw some curve ball country roads at us but no issues...

All in all very happy....even more so as I was nervous giving up my Frelander2

attachicon.gif20160430_152652.jpg

Argghhhhh my idea of a complete nightmare.. Especially being stuck behind you !

Wow...towed like a dream, felt steam and the 1.6 had more than enough grunt in to it. Cam let along to 60mph up hill and down dale with no issue.

Average of 32mpg....sat nav took in a totally different way we would normally come and threw some curve ball country roads at us but no issues...

All in all very happy....even more so as I was nervous giving up my Frelander2

attachicon.gif20160430_152652.jpg

Argghhhhh my idea of a complete nightmare.. Especially being stuck behind you !

Haw about the parking sensors, do they alarm when the transmission is in reverse, when they see the trailer, or is that signal cut out when the connector is in place?

Not gone backwards with the van on yet

I read in the paper work that they dis-engage when you connect car to caravan jp79er did you get the retractable towbar fitted and did it come with 13 pin just worried that some have only been set up with 7pins active but it's a 13 pin on towbar

I read in the paper work that they dis-engage when you connect car to caravan jp79er did you get the retractable towbar fitted and did it come with 13 pin just worried that some have only been set up with 7pins active but it's a 13 pin on towbar

Yes it is the factory fitted units.

I would hope the disengage with a factory fitted harnes.

It comes with 21pin I use a 21 to 7 pin and only use the single electrics on the van, we use to plug in the twin elect but only charges battery and fridge which we never use...so can't comment.

Yes sorry I ment 21pin that's good how easy is it to activate the bar and push it away. We get ours this week hopefully so will be able to have a good play with it thanks

Walshy, forgot to mention one thing i would say the 19's, hardish suspension (mpre than what i am used to towing), and 38psi...did make for a choppy ride and down bumpy country roads did feel it was on the back..didn't slow the car...

Yeah it was Micheal Carroll..lol....but awning and annex makes for some serious space...you need it with three kids and the dog

On 30/04/2016 at 3:32 PM, Jp79er said:

Wow...towed like a dream, felt steady and the 1.6 had more than enough grunt in it. Came along to 60mph up hill and down dale with no issue.

Average of 32mpg....sat nav took me in a totally different way we would normally come and threw some curve ball country roads at us but no issues...

All in all very happy....even more so as I was nervous giving up my Freelander2

post-446-0-18277300-1462479426_thumb.jpg

Hi all. Hope someone can help a new member. I have a signature nav kadjar 1.6 diesel and i am trying to find out the maximum weight caravan i can tow. I know the car has a towing limit of 1800kg but a caravan dealer has told me i can't tow a caravan of this weight. Is he correct. I am looking to buy a caravan with an MTPLM of 1450kg and was wondering if that would be ok. Thanks