R-Link Registration Number?
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I tried to subscribe to the R-Link Store and after filling in the first page  ... flipping over to the second page, I was asked for the R-Link Registration number.

Anyone any idea where this is located as I've rummaged through all my paperwork and cannot find any reference to the number I seek?

Very frustrating when necessary things disappear ... my wife thinks the faeries may have it, but I think she's taking the piss.

gael

I didn't have a registration number with mine , it only asked for the VIN and R Link serial number . The R Link serial number can be found in System, System information and HUID information is the serial number but you have to leave out the first 3 letters of the HUID 

I tried to subscribe to the R-Link Store and after filling in the first page ... flipping over to the second page, I was asked for the R-Link Registration number.

Anyone any idea where this is located as I've rummaged through all my paperwork and cannot find any reference to the number I seek?

Very frustrating when necessary things disappear ... my wife thinks the faeries may have it, but I think she's taking the piss.

gael

If you plug in a usb stick into the car, it will create a file on the stick. This file will be named with the registration number. I had the same issue at first and followed these instructions which are on the renault rlink website, they are shown in scrolling images do easy to miss if your not looking gor it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you plug in a usb stick into the car, it will create a file on the stick. This file will be named with the registration number. I had the same issue at first and followed these instructions which are on the renault rlink website, they are shown in scrolling images do easy to miss if your not looking gor it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I tried that method too ....didn't work for me . That was with the horrendous R Link Toolbox though the R Link 2 Toolbox is more user friendly so it'll most likely work OK now

Just had the same problem.

Put a USB Stick into the Port on the Kadjar, and yes, it created a RLink folder containing a .wls file. I assumed the filename was the R-Link Reg Number in its entirety without the file extension. The Web Site did not like it and spat out this error message: 

Vehicle MUID does not match pattern '^I.{11}$|^S.{15}$|^G.{15}$|^i.{11}$|^s.{15}$|^g.{15}$'.

As a .Net programmer I recognise this as a Regular Expression. But it still does not help me.

Has anyone been able to get it to work?

Yes, it works. Check if you typed zero instead of "O". I bought my car in June (late May production), and by the end of June there was already a 4,5 Gigabyte map update. Though it is still indexed as 2016, I believe somebody in Renault just forgets to change the number.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

On 7/22/2017 at 9:42 AM, lenvdb64 said:

Just had the same problem.

Put a USB Stick into the Port on the Kadjar, and yes, it created a RLink folder containing a .wls file. I assumed the filename was the R-Link Reg Number in its entirety without the file extension. The Web Site did not like it and spat out this error message: 

Vehicle MUID does not match pattern '^I.{11}$|^S.{15}$|^G.{15}$|^i.{11}$|^s.{15}$|^g.{15}$'.

As a .Net programmer I recognise this as a Regular Expression. But it still does not help me.

Has anyone been able to get it to work?

Had the same error about vehicle MUID. The number you want is not that file number. You need to install the R-Link 2 Toolbox first from https://ie.rlinkstore.com/rlinkpresentation2. When you start that app on your computer and insert the stick, you'll find the number you need in the application, by pressing the car icon, top right. The number looks like GBKS....

Thank you all above for the very helpful tips - the Rlink2 serial number was the biggest help, omitting the first 3 letters of the HUID information code ( this is in system information on user screens) .

I have now on my USB stick ready for  4 updates the Toolbox chose for me . I will be updating the Rlink ( when I next drive more than 30 minutes to perform the update with the usb stick loaded from my mac attached to the on line Toolbox updater tool ) 

1) Map of Europe V16.12 file size 4659MB along with 3 other updates named :

2) Service push ( no other info) 

3) User Profiles ( no other info) 

4) Coyote Series v2

Here is the info to help others in one place:

User guide here : https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr_EN/products/r-link2-en#aides

Create an Rlink store here https://gb.rlinkstore.com/home

Get the tool box for mac or pc here ( scroll to bottom of page) :

https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr_EN/estore#

Use a fresh USB stick of 16Gb I would say as map updates an other things over time will add up Not sure yet if when I do another update in the future the Toolbox program will over write the older version on usb drive  so there is only ever one version in place. 

Waiting until I have a drive of up to 30 minutes to apply these as need to be done with the engine running. 

The tool box also showed I have TomTom Traffic that expires in 1094 days from today. Thats good, I read that it was only a year - that sounded mean.