• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Sharks fin
3 3

49 posts in this topic

It looks really cool. Is it easy to fit?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

really easy just unscrew the aerial screw the connector in it's place and it sticks down with 3m tape been raining here all day and yesterday it was hot so far it's still stuck down lol

How long did it take to arrive from Hong Kong?

This is the same item on amazon, but with a choice of colours. The seller is still from Hong Kong/China though...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016I5S61U/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_BraUxbTEC6DZ0

Mixed reviews on this one:-

"

Yes looks good but I live in the valley's of Wales reception is terrible you need a signal booster "

"hi had some difficulty fitting it as my fitting was concave i had to file the base to shape but looks good, reception is very poor radio 2 is good, hope this helps."

"Easy to fit dose not give best signal"

"ok so first of all the fin is quite tall, taller than your typical ones on BMW's, signal is much weaker than on my old standard antenna."

Yes looks good but I live in the valley's of Wales reception is terrible you need a signal booster 

Mixed reviews on this one:-

"

Yes looks good but I live in the valley's of Wales reception is terrible you need a signal booster[/size] "[/size]

"[/size]hi had some difficulty fitting it as my fitting was concave i had to file the base to shape but looks good, reception is very poor radio 2 is good, hope this helps."[/size]

"[/size]Easy to fit dose not give best signal"[/size]

"[/size]ok so first of all the fin is quite tall, taller than your typical ones on BMW's, signal is much weaker than on my old standard antenna."[/size]

Yes looks good but I live in the valley's of Wales reception is terrible you need a signal booster[/size] [/size]

like I said works fine fitted with no hassle and looks good so that's good enough me

like I said works fine fitted with no hassle and looks good so that's good enough me

I was referring to the reviews of the amazon one . As I posted ( which didn't appear on my post for some reason ??? ) not making a judgement .I'm not really bothered about changing the aerial as I rarely listen to the radio . I also live in the Welsh valleys so the first review would have a bearing on my getting one , if I decided to go for a sharks fin  ;)

The SatNav works via the car's GPS system not the aerial

Yes, but how is the GPS signal picked up? On my Laguna the Sat Nav stopped working and it turned out to be a connection fault in the Ariel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't know where it's located precisely . Maybe in the R Link itself, maybe in the bulkhead . After all , a stand alone TomTom works without the need of an external aerial . Strange how the aerial stopped GPS on the Laguna , I used my Scenic for a long time without the aerial connected at all and navigation worked fine....better than R Link to be honest

really easy just unscrew the aerial screw the connector in it's place and it sticks down with 3m tape been raining here all day and yesterday it was hot so far it's still stuck down lol

Can anyone tell me where the DAB Ariel is in the Kadjar? Is it separate from the FM/AM Ariel? I'm wondering if changing to the fin will affect reception. Or is the DAB Ariel already catered for in the base fitted to the roof? Sorry if I sound a bit thick! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me share my experience with you: I have a XMOD with original FM/DAB+ Radio that (after it was completely replaced) works really well. As I had to change my garage place to another one with less head room the antenna was to high to fit the car in the garage. I decided to take it off, as in the German forum everybody assured that the DAB+ has its own antenna near the windshield. That was proven to be wrong, as without the antenna nor the FM neither the DAB+ was running at all. 

So I replaced it with an 8cm antenna from ebay (9,- EUR). To my surprise the FM-Radio works very well - as it did before with the original, but the DAB+ stayed VERY quite. And if you (in the DAB settings) turn on the Simulcast/Handover it most of the time switches to FM.

So I will go for an orig. Renault shark antenna (app. 79,- EUR) and see if I can fit in in from the back without taking the whole ceiling apart, because that is why Renault needs 2 hours.

For those who are brave (or interested) I've attached the Renault instructions for the installation, you can clearly see that the antenna has TWO cables - so a cheapo ali antenna for 4,99 will give you the FM signal but not the DAB+ signal.

All that may be different on the BOSE edition, as they seem to have sort of an signal amplifier in the rear door somewhere.

8201684054-notice-montage-antenne-requin-a.pdf

Here are the latest news from my antenna: as I was too lazy to take the whole ceiling apart  I went to car audio electronic shop asking what they would suggest. The guy was very friendly and helpful telling me that there is on Amazon a short antenna for app. 20,- EUR that was working very well with the DAB+ radio of a customer of his shop. I thought I could give it a try, it was this one:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B014R0A11Q/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

It is 8.8 cm only and designed for the Opel Mocca but fits on the roof of a Kadjar as well und what should I tell you: It works perfect with DAB+ and same goes for the FM radio. I live in a rural area and I use three different motorways on my 37km way to work. Perfect - no difference to the original antenna! And yes: the original shark antenna looks better but this one works so great that I went to the guy from the electronic shop to let him know that his hint was great!