• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Sharks fin
3 3

46 posts in this topic

Is there a sharks fin antenna to fit the Kadjar.

Dynamic nav s in flame red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, there is, but not sure about the color: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTENNA-PINNA-SHARK-SQUALO-STILE-UNIVERSALE-RENAULT-CLIO-KADJAR-CAPTUR-visto-tv-/261974328104?hash=item3cfee30328

I have black car so there wasn't risk of wrong color shark fin.

Same problem with the Bullet Thumb aerials. I have a problem with the aerial catching on the garage up and over door...same with all the cars I have had.

I have the same problem with my garage I had a stuby aerial which I took of my non DAB Qashqai and tried that and much to my surprise it has been working fine. Well to rephrase, it doesn't work any worse, DAB still intermittent but I am happy with it.   

Be very wary about fitting after market ariels .. These days what they do is way more complex than sticking a wire coat hanger in the hole. Do your research first .They are now specifically designed so they serve several functions FM/DAB/GPS /GSM...length and size is important . exactly what functions the Kadjar one does I'm not clear on yet as I think the FM Ariel is the thin black vertical lines in the rear glass .Fitting an after market one may mean you lose some of these functions and I can't imagine a 6 euro one is going to cut the mustard... But I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree entirely . I would be very wary of changing anything on the Kadjar that may upset the balance of the electronics . This could possibly void the warranty and don't think Renault would be shy of playing that card .

Reminds me of a situation I was in a few years back when a customer told me that all I had to do to convert her TV to surround sound was "tap on" three extra speakers. She got this info from her next door neighbour , a milkman who " knew about electronics " .

If only I'd ducked out of four years college and thirty odd years on the job experience , I would have known that :D

Looks like a lot of messing about to me :) . Doesn't state that it's for the Kadjar, in fact shows a Megane IV ( first illustration page 2 )

"This product must only be used with the vehicles mentioned at the

top of the first page of the assembly and/or user manual."

I'd be inclined to be careful

Fair enough , the second link does say that ,though the manual it links to shows a Megane IV  . Renault seem to like to confuse .  :) As your waiting for delivery of your Kadjar , why don't you ask if they can fit it ? Seems a lot easier to me :)