• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New key?!
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Anyone know how much a new key is likely to set me back? (I've phoned my dealership, but their system is down today so they can't tell me before tomorrow at the earliest). Gutted that I've managed to lose a key after only having the car for 6 weeks - I really hate that the keys don't attach to key rings, though I do now have a key holder on order thanks to this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - I've found them and have a key holder on order now, but unfortunately I'm down to one key. Just wondered if anyone knew how much it costs to make/reprogram a new one?

Anyone know how much a new key is likely to set me back? (I've phoned my dealership, but their system is down today so they can't tell me before tomorrow at the earliest). Gutted that I've managed to lose a key after only having the car for 6 weeks - I really hate that the keys don't attach to key rings, though I do now have a key holder on order thanks to this forum!

That is bad news about the fob. Not sure on this but you might be advised to get (if possible)  the old one reprogrammed at the same time in case your lost one is found and used. Not sure what your insurance would have to say about it if the car got stolen. And welcome to the forum.

And I put it was a cover look up

Yeah, I noticed. But if it had been the whole key, how you would have gotten it to work with your car? If I put my spare key for sale in Ebay, no-one can ever get it to work with his own car so it's waste of money for that who buys it.

You would get it programmed to work just like you would any other new key.

And mechanic emergency key inside the key card will also work after programming? :) And I'm not so sure if Renault will program any keycards customer brings to them to be programmed. I think the keycard must be ordered from the factory with the car manufacturing number.

Of course they can programme them if it was a legit key they could do it.

Yes, they can but will they program any key you've bought from somewhere, maybe a stolen one from Ebay or somewhere? I still don't think they will. And how do they "program" a mechanic emergency key (peace of metal on this picture):

30dgklh.jpg

It's a machine cut key why is it so hard for you to understand did I say give them a stolen key it's like you just looking for things to argue about I'm not much of arguing with a screen I'm more of a face on person so I'll leave it there

If 

It's a machine cut key why is it so hard for you to understand did I say give them a stolen key it's like you just looking for things to argue about I'm not much of arguing with a screen I'm more of a face on person so I'll leave it there

If you buy key from Ebay or somewhere else than Renault you cannot know if it's stolen or not. That's my point. And mechanic key is already cutted for the car that's its originally made. It's cannot be cutted again for an other car. Why is it so hard to understand? You can't buy a spare key nowhere else than Renault. If you find a one for eg. Ebay or somewhere it's stolen or fake and you can't get it working in another car than where it comes from.

If you need a spare key, you have to order it from the dealer. Period.

Well I had a key cut from my other key when I had a Peugeot and they set that up for me to work with my car I'm just saying you could do the same with Renault.