X2 loud beeps on locking??
2 2

17 posts in this topic

We've had ours 5 days and all of a sudden today it's started to make two loud beeps upon locking, it does it when you lock using key or door button. All windows and doors are shut properly as are the boot and the bonnet?? Anyone come across this??

Hi dcfcfunnyman welcome to the forum. Not had that happen to me yet but on some cars that is normal to let you know the the alarm is set, perhaps you have the one that is working properly :unsure: I am sure one of our learned members will be able to sort it out.

This is an alarm problem, our demo did it; it just randomly started to do it out of the blue and a car I handed over a couple of weeks ago did it aswell; the customer took it as he needed it for the Easter weekend and we fixed it on the Tuesday.

I don't know why it does it but you will need to get it looked at and repaired.

I never got beeps , so I assumed I didn't have the alarm. These guys on here helped me so much.

Alarm I do have , but temperimental if I just unlock boot and lock boot! Find when am in the shop I need to reset by unlocking and locking car . I now don't use the boot unlock ... Not worth the worry .

2 beeps is the internal sensors being deactivated while alarm activated. You normally get that with a long press on the key fob locking, not as a standard.

Normal locking the alarm does not sound when armed.

You have an alarm fault, we have seen this here on our first demo; it just randomly started to do it and on a car on the morning of the handover.

Get on to your dealer to get it repaired.

On 07/04/2016 at 8:39 PM, alansabout said:

Hi dcfcfunnyman welcome to the forum. Not had that happen to me yet but on some cars that is normal to let you know the the alarm is set, perhaps you have the one that is working properly :unsure: I am sure one of our learned members will be able to sort it out.

Had the same problem with mine RMB Darlington changed the alarm module, problem sorted.