• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

X2 loud beeps on locking??
4 4

41 posts in this topic

Thanks Barracuda 1 for the file, I already had it in with my handbook. I refer you to the last two lines of the last paragraph which is why I took the car to the dealership where the fault was cured.

I had the same problem last February, 2 really loud beeps after the 2 normal beeps, they changed  the module , turned out to be be a faulty sensor. But  to have no sound at all does not sound right to me. Since I had the car I always get two beeps confirming the alarm is activated. I am also presuming you have walkaway locking too.

Yes I have walk away locking, if you read the first point under ‘Full Activation’ it refers to the indicators flashing twice but no mention of two beeps.

I saw that lol  But as  I said it's been doing that since  I got it,  and even when I mentioned the 2 loud beeps  after the 2 beeps on locking, they didn't  bat an eye on that, and knew straight away it was a sensor. So I guessed it was ok  lol. I am still convinced it is though, ah well.  I am sure there is more alarm stuff  on here somewhere, or it could have been the other forum  which it all mentioned, will  have a look tomorrow, I sorting stuff out for the morning at the moment and getting the evil eye from my wife now  lol  gotta go   goodnight.

It says ..... 

To indicate that the vehicle has been locked, the hazard warning lights and indicator lights flash onceand then light up for approximately four seconds, and a beep sounds in confirmation.

granted it says ‘a beep’ and not two — but it does indicate that some audible signal is made. I would be concerned if it didn’t make any beeps at all. 

My Kadjar makes the same sound (2 beeps) as I walk away as my previous Captur so I have assumed that this is normal. I have noticed on the video reviews that it doesn't appear to make any noise when it locks but I would prefer to hear a confirmation that the car is locked.

There seems to be mixed comments on the forum, all I know is that I had two loud beeps as I locked it, took it to the garage where they said it was a common fault and changed the alarm module under warranty. The car now locks without a sound.

1 hour ago, terryp said:

My Kadjar makes the same sound (2 beeps) as I walk away as my previous Captur so I have assumed that this is normal. I have noticed on the video reviews that it doesn't appear to make any noise when it locks but I would prefer to hear a confirmation that the car is locked.

Mine does the same, I also had the 2 Loud beeps, turned out it was a faulty sensor, but I still get the confirmation beeps when locking after they fixed it.

Hi Yes ours never makes a sound when locking and never has the koleos and Megane we had before kadjar never made a sound either !!!!!!🤔🤔😟

JC. 😎😎🥃🥃

I'll join the band of beepers! Mine also beeps twice when locking, which I thought was quite normal until reading this thread. Must agree with terryp though that I actually prefer an audible locking confirmation.

4 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I'll join the band of beepers! Mine also beeps twice when locking, which I thought was quite normal until reading this thread. Must agree with terryp though that I actually prefer an audible locking confirmation.

Same here.  Beeps on locking. Mine has no alarm fitted. I prefer the sound. Always listening for it. My wife sometimes leaves her card in the car and then it doesn't lock.

Hi Yes me toooooooooo always wanted a beeeeeeeep !!!!!!!!!!! But with all the problems with these early ones 🙃😟think going to leave it alone  👀

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

My Renault dealer told me that the alarm was changed when the walk away locking was added to the range. I have walk away locking and mine alarm beeps. That might be the reason some do and some dont.