• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Go faster button
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Can't believe I've owned the kadjar since January and have only just discovered this. I fairness I was going easy on the engine for the first while, but last night I finally got to drive the car on my own and discovered that when you press the accelerator to the floor that when you meet resistance if you press harder you press a button under the accelerator pedal and it seems to really give the engine a boost. Very handy for overtaking. I have the 1.5 diesel and thought the engine was ok, exactly what I was expecting but when you press the button it has a lot more power than I was expecting. Had some good fun driving the car, to the speed limits of course!!

Glad you posted that I pick mine up on Thursday 1.5 auto signature can't wait... not been too long though I only ordered on the 31st Jan. Still anything could happen between now and Thu. Fingers crossed ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I thought most auto boxes had a kick down on the throttle. At least all those I've ever driven have a notch on the peddle (you feel it give as you depress harder) that once pushed passed gives the overtake boost

The ECO override is on the manual too ,though it is a bit like the auto kickdown

I should have known the great and knowledgeable Ulfire would have been right. It was indeed in Eco mode. I don't remember turning it on. Unless the wife did but she has her own profile. The button under the accelerator works exactly as you said. When you press it it knocks it out of eco mode temporarily. I drove the car this morning with eco turned off. I was impressed with the engine. I drive a 1.6 tdci ford transit connect and there is just no power in that engine at all. So i assumed the 1.5 renault would be similar but out of eco mode it really does go.

If you press the button down twice you open a warp bubble and proceed at greater than light speed. The two major problems with this are that you can't see where you are going and the sign recognition system doesn't work at that speed. Also there is a tendency to open up a Black Hole, which may explain Birmingham. (sorry Brummies)

... And the automatic windscreen wipers can't cope with the influx of dead flies ....how ever the speed warnings are more accurate .

Remember that you shouldn't press the break at warp speed without deploying the Inertial Dampers, otherwise you are through the windscreen, seat belts or not. By the way the ID switch is only on the Signature Nav and the switch doesn't light up.....typical.

New 2016 June Kadjar Auto Bose Version, tried the kick down as mentioned and all hell broke loose, WARNING Orange Spanner came on instantly followed by a warning message in lower box " Gearbox overheating" and even though pedal released car stayed in lower gear with engine revs high. Pulled over but all stayed the same so turned vehicle off. Waited a couple of minutes and restarted all OK.

Spoke to Renault Ashford who said that if you press the accelerator hard to try and quickly overtake this will happen!!!!

8 minutes ago, Robineh said:

New 2016 June Kadjar Auto Bose Version, tried the kick down as mentioned and all hell broke loose, WARNING Orange Spanner came on instantly followed by a warning message in lower box " Gearbox overheating" and even though pedal released car stayed in lower gear with engine revs high. Pulled over but all stayed the same so turned vehicle off. Waited a couple of minutes and restarted all OK.

Spoke to Renault Ashford who said that if you press the accelerator hard to try and quickly overtake this will happen!!!!

That sounds like bollocks to me ....Renault Ashford's comment that is

Can't believe I've owned the kadjar since January and have only just discovered this. I fairness I was going easy on the engine for the first while, but last night I finally got to drive the car on my own and discovered that when you press the accelerator to the floor that when you meet resistance if you press harder you press a button under the accelerator pedal and it seems to really give the engine a boost. Very handy for overtaking. I have the 1.5 diesel and thought the engine was ok, exactly what I was expecting but when you press the button it has a lot more power than I was expecting. Had some good fun driving the car, to the speed limits of course!!

I thought this button was for when you used the speed limiter and needed to overtake then it turned it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm 32 and my wife is 33 we have 2 kids one 3 going on 30 and one 2 going on 20 lol and also an old fart grandma who is 77 but acts like a 20yo lol she likes the Kadjar for the ease of access and likes our c4 cactus for the way it rally's round like a little sports car even tho it's a 1.6 turbo diesel mind you it does shift lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk