• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Engine temperature gauge
4 4

9 posts in this topic

Greeting fellas,

I have a question about the heating of your cars. Mine is showing only two bars for the engine temperature after approx. 10 miles ( 16 km. ) in city driving. 

The air coming out of the air vents is hot, so everything is fine there but the values showed on the gauges bother me a little.

Please share your experiences about this and how your car behaves. 

Greetings.

Here is a photo of how the gauge looks after the drive from home to work:

WP_20160316_002.jpg

You don't say what engine but I presume Diesel and your mileage is an estimate as your in Bulgaria , so you are doing a top of the head estimate, Diesels are thermally  efficient , t( that's why they do so many miles per gallon ) so can take up to 10 miles to get warm anyway, and if you have your heater on you are cooling the block too, what time of day / outside temp, last used it all has a factor, even my car , a 3.6 V6 petrol takes 8 miles to come up to temp including oil temp,  if its 2 degrees outside. Turn your heater off and you will be surprised at how much quicker your engine reaches temp .

Mine can be on 4 bars and , if I stop in traffic, will drop down to two bars and stay there for quite a while . At least it's not overheating :)

Today when I made a decent drive ( not really following the instuctions for gear change and the tree for economy ). 

First of all the car get to it`s normal temperature in about 5-6kms. ( 3-4 miles ) and after that when checked the economy, it was even less that my ordinal values while following the suggestions of the visuals.

So for now I`ll let it go as it is. Ulfre  mine makes the same stuff when in a trafic jam it cools down to two bars.

It's all perfectly normal. I'm not sure where the temperature sensor is, but the Diesel engine is super efficient and cool running. The core of the engine heats up quickly to operating temperature and only offloads surplus heat to the radiator when warmed up, this may be where the temp gauge is.

Old Post but mines stuck on two bars most the time it may go up to four but then back down to two mines a 1.5dci I no some with the duster have changed the thermostat so they run at four bars not sure if same engine 

Hi Yes diesels take a while to warm up and cool down quite quick to as not reving as fast as petrol also in cold weather most of us have heater on which cools engine even more as cold air coming in to car takes more heating but that said if driving at say 60 mph plus on motorway I would expect four bars or middle of range on gauge I am talking uk here suppose in colder climes it could be lower🤔🤔

JC 😎😎🥃🥃