• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

automatically reading & voice replying to texts
4 4

34 posts in this topic

Hi, I've had my car a few weeks now but its frustrating me that it wont read me my texts! This is a feature I was told the kadjar had when test driving. Please help...has anyone been able to use this feature? If so, what phone have you got? Thanks x (had it on last car & its invaluable)

So does my iPhone 6. Make sure you have notifications switched on in the bluetooth setting for the phone device.

Renault 1.2 TCe Signature Nav in Flame Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the same issue with my iPhone 6. Notifications all switched on but no texts coming thru!! Really annoying. Checked the data/privacy thing too and that's ok

How do you turn it on I have a iPhone 6 plus it connects I can make and receive phone calls and get sms messages but I can't send any and it doesn't read them out?

I have an I phone 6 and eventually got it to work. This has been covered in the Electrics, ICE and lighting section under Activating SMS on iPhone 5 (on page 2). Once you have got all the permissions set up for data sharing, it takes a while to become active. Pressing the 'new mail' icon it will read the message.

Loosing the will!! Tried everything, both on my Nokia & daughters iphone....nothing except a notice on display to say sms received. Wont even let me turn notifications on for Nokia (its goin in the bin!!). Would someone kindly do a step by step guide for the iphone for silly ppl like myself, thanks x

Loosing the will!! Tried everything, both on my Nokia & daughters iphone....nothing except a notice on display to say sms received. Wont even let me turn notifications on for Nokia (its goin in the bin!!). Would someone kindly do a step by step guide for the iphone for silly ppl like myself, thanks x

Paula. First thing to do is to unpair any phone devices from R link. If you use an iPhone make sure you have the latest operating system for that phone from apple. Then repair device to car. In the bluetooth setting for the phone make sure notifications is ticked. Get someone to txt you and see what happens. When you get a text you should a little icon on screen top right I think. Press it and follow instructions. It should play the text. It's not keen on old texts on the phone seems only to play texts that arrive when you are in the car and connected.

on mine, I needed to pair the iPhone to the car

then goto the settings on blutooth on the iPhone and turn on all of the options.

then go back to the phone setting in the car, and turn on SMS.

then it just works

(if you changer profile on the car, you will need to do the settings for SMS on the car for the new profile)

Hi, I've had my car a few weeks now but its frustrating me that it wont read me my texts! This is a feature I was told the kadjar had when test driving. Please help...has anyone been able to use this feature? If so, what phone have you got? Thanks x (had it on last car & its invaluable)

Mine works seamlessly - android 5.0 on a Ulefone Paris (cheap Chinese smartphone)

Sent from my Vi8 using Tapatalk

I have tried this using a samsung S6, I can see the texts in r link under SMS but cant get the to be read out or an option to reply, just the option to call the sender

I don't believe there is an option to reply. I could be wrong but I couldn't see that whilst on the move the other day. Couldn't see it either when stationary in traffic. In fact SMS was greyed out under voice control for phone too.

Check the volume level in the settings perhaps?

1.2 TCe Signature Nav, flame red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Andrew is correct . There's no option to text a reply only a hands free call back . It's a safety issue I suppose and the voice activation software probably isn't up to translating voice to speech....though it should read out your text

I think Andrew is correct . There's no option to text a reply only a hands free call back . It's a safety issue I suppose and the voice activation software probably isn't up to translating voice to speech....though it should read out your text

My R Link is paired with my Samsung A3. I get an on screen notification of SMS messages. They are not automatically read out. Click on the small MSG icon and the text is read out. As ulfire notes, there is no facility to reply for safety reasons; NOBODY should be sending texts while driving!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I noticed this issue too and eventually figured out that it the car is stationary it just notifies you of a txt and if you select the notification it just shows the txt on the screen. If the car is moving it reads the txt out to you.

Rather than being concerned to be able to read/hear SMS's I am going the other way.

As I only have a phone is the car for the odd important call/ emergencies really, I only have an old basic phone albeit with Bluetooth for the calls.

Does anyone know how to stop the car telling me I have to enable the option my device to use the SMS facility? I currently have to ackowledge the message before being able to see the other screens.

If I go through the screens once the phone has paired up the SMS button is greyed out and else where says it is set to off. It appears you can't set it to OFF until the phone has connected by which time the annoying prompt has appeared.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:55 PM, andrew.johnson12 said:

Paula. First thing to do is to unpair any phone devices from R link. If you use an iPhone make sure you have the latest operating system for that phone from apple. Then repair device to car. In the bluetooth setting for the phone make sure notifications is ticked. Get someone to txt you and see what happens. When you get a text you should a little icon on screen top right I think. Press it and follow instructions. It should play the text. It's not keen on old texts on the phone seems only to play texts that arrive when you are in the car and connected.

I HAVE GOT A NOKIA 620 WINDOWS PHONE IT WORKS JUST FINE

Slider, grow up! If you haven't any relevant information on how to help then just don't comment at all!!! As my mother was killed in a car accident I wouldn't EVER put myself or others at risk while on the road 😡