• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Track information from DAB radio
6 6

126 posts in this topic

All depends who you talk to... I was told on Friday "in about 2 months" .As my subscription has just expired they conceded that as the last update prevented further map updates occurring as a gesture of goodwill they have agreed to give me a cheque for £75 to cover the cost of the map update service when it is "eventually" working again.
I can guarantee you that dealers will not advise you of a software update for the R-link as it does not qualify as a recall and they are under no obligation to do so.
That is also contrary to information given to me that the software update will be available for download via the R-link tool box and will not need a trip to the dealers.
Anyone's guess what is true or an alternative fact with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about to expire so will be complaining once I don't get a second map update. I suspect the rlink upgrade is months away

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, 1964 said:

All depends who you talk to... I was told on Friday "in about 2 months" .As my subscription has just expired they conceded that as the last update prevented further map updates occurring as a gesture of goodwill they have agreed to give me a cheque for £75 to cover the cost of the map update service when it is "eventually" working again.
I can guarantee you that dealers will not advise you of a software update for the R-link as it does not qualify as a recall and they are under no obligation to do so.
That is also contrary to information given to me that the software update will be available for download via the R-link tool box and will not need a trip to the dealers.
Anyone's guess what is true or an alternative fact with them.

My Kadjar is now 12 months old and keeps flashing up that my subscription is about to expire.  Not prepared to pay an annual fee.  Not going to update maps anyway until the new bridge over the Mersey and all its link roads are finished.  Due in October.  If it is an absolute bind to update, I shall put in my old Tom Tom, which is easily updated. I've tried signing up to the R link but it asks for the serial number.  Got no idea where to find it as I'm not from a technical age.

2 hours ago, David Lee said:

My Kadjar is now 12 months old and keeps flashing up that my subscription is about to expire.  Not prepared to pay an annual fee.  Not going to update maps anyway until the new bridge over the Mersey and all its link roads are finished.  Due in October.  If it is an absolute bind to update, I shall put in my old Tom Tom, which is easily updated. I've tried signing up to the R link but it asks for the serial number.  Got no idea where to find it as I'm not from a technical age.

Your serial number is in System settings/System Information and is confusingly called HUID information .Even more confusing is you have to ignore the first three letters of your HUID number when inputting your serial number on the R Link Store e.g . If your HUID Number is CAP 123456789 you only input 123456789 as your serial number . How Renault expect you to know that without being told is laughable .

What's the point in having an inbuilt Navigation if you have to resort to plugging in an external one ? Not being critical of you , others have resorted to that at least one at Renault's suggestion :blink:

1 hour ago, ulfire said:

Your serial number is in System settings/System Information and is confusingly called HUID information .Even more confusing is you have to ignore the first three letters of your HUID number when inputting your serial number on the R Link Store e.g . If your HUID Number is CAP 123456789 you only input 123456789 as your serial number . How Renault expect you to know that without being told is laughable .

What's the point in having an inbuilt Navigation if you have to resort to plugging in an external one ? Not being critical of you , others have resorted to that at least one at Renault's suggestion :blink:

Many thanks for that information.  No offence taken re the plug in sat nav.  I've tried doing updates etc on other things before and made a right bugger of them, so I shall have to try harder!!

13 hours ago, J C said:

HI       Is it not counting down to next service ie 18000 mile first full service so will be reset at this service ?????;):wacko:

J.C B)

Had its 1st Service last Month at 1 year old with 8.5K miles recorded. It told me it was due, so I presume everything was reset after to "flash up" after the next 12 months

I took my Kadjar into Renault for a Firmware update, but was told I had the latest version.

Renault Connected Services replied to me saying :

I am sorry to inform that the update has been delayed by the developers.
The god news is you won't need to book your car in for service again, since the update is being made available for download on the R-Link Store directly. Meaning you can do it on your own computer at home.

Unfortunately we do not have an estimated date for released yet, but if you would like I shall keep you informed and notify you once it comes out.

The god news is you won't need to book your car in for service again, since the update is being made available for download on the R-Link Store directly. Meaning you can do it on your own computer at home.

I was told that by support in January 2016 

Had several phone calls from Renault customer services, all telling me the same thing, that the solution to the problem of no track information being displayed on DAB has been sorted in France and is expected to be "passed off" in UK very soon.  Apparently it is a "large file" which may involve a trip to the main dealer.  I have recently seen many brand new Kadjars particularly in the 2 weeks just spent in Ireland (very common over there) and wonder if they all have the same problem.  I am not holding my breath.

6 hours ago, darenh said:

Interesting question, anyone with a new2017, with apple play android can try there dab info and lets us know please?

Track Info as in song playing being displayed? Just tried a random station and can see the track info 

IMG_20170621_173539_708.jpg

Track Info as in song playing being displayed? Just tried a random station and can see the track info 
IMG_20170621_173539_708.thumb.jpg.e809086981e492df7f76313fbf0c60cb.jpg

How about leaving it on that station then see if it works tomorrow, without changing anything?

10 hours ago, darenh said:

How about leaving it on that station then see if it works tomorrow, without changing anything?

Works ok on same one when I went back to it and when I change to other stations it's fine.  See pics

20170622_090606.jpg

20170622_090633.jpg

2 minutes ago, David Lee said:

presume this is a 17 plate car?  If so, what is the problem with Renault?  Have they got a fix they are not telling us about for owners of pre 17 plate cars?

Yes the build was late may for this vehicle, so has all the little extras on. Wonder if I'll be in the same position next year when they keep adding stuff that I can't get. Seems unfair. You should ask Renault again now you know a UK DAB car is working as it should

The customer services manager is supposed to be contacting me again next week.  I shall mention this.  Don't know why new software is so difficult to sort out!!  Never a problem in my wife's 66 plate Clio.

Hi Guys. I have a 17 plate and no dab information. Picked the car up on the 15th May. I also keep loosing the Bristol Heart dab signal. Comes up showing signal lost even when stationary parked on my drive.

14 minutes ago, Lynbob said:

Hi Guys. I have a 17 plate and no dab information. Picked the car up on the 15th May. I also keep loosing the Bristol Heart dab signal. Comes up showing signal lost even when stationary parked on my drive.

Do you have the rlink that's compatible with carplay and android auto? If so have no idea why yours would differ from mine. Mine did need A software update when I got it and did it myself through my computer and usb stick. Maybe that helped?

Hi Marc. I do not have the carplay or Android auto. Software and firmware are up to date. I had a 2016 Captur s nav previous to the Kadjar and found the R-link far superior and also had two map updates in the twelve months I had the car.

12 minutes ago, Lynbob said:

Hi Marc. I do not have the carplay or Android auto. Software and firmware are up to date. I had a 2016 Captur s nav previous to the Kadjar and found the R-link far superior and also had two map updates in the twelve months I had the car.

Maybe it's only on the new rlink units then as ones who cannot access from what I have seen so far are pre carplay etc units

Have had the same problem for over a year. Signal drops intermittently for no apparent reason at different points on my daily commute... sometimes it works some times it doesn't. Dab is totally reliant on signal strength there's no fade like on FM so it immediately cuts out if the strength falls below a certain level.If you have simulcast set then what it should do when signal drops is seek and play the equivalent FM station ( I think the caveat is you must have it set up as one of your favourites in the presets for both DAB and FM channels) That's the theory anyway but simulcast auto switching doesn't work on mine either so it's a no win

Ok, so now we have one 2017 with CarPlay that works, so I'm presuming this is a version 3 or starts with the 3 in the firmware version number.
The 2017 that doesn't have car play should be a version 2 hence why it don't work.
Can we confirm this guys so we can get the facts right. Ta

5 minutes ago, darenh said:

Ok, so now we have one 2017 with CarPlay that works, so I'm presuming this is a version 3 or starts with the 3 in the firmware version number.
The 2017 that doesn't have car play should be a version 2 hence why it don't work.
Can we confirm this guys so we can get the facts right. Ta

3.3.16.941 is my software release number

3.3.16.941 is my software release number

Marc can I be a pain in the arse and ask you what maps you have in the Sat nav info ( they can be found under ABOUT in the sub menus ) Not that you need them with Android auto compatibility
Just wondering if we are getting stiffed on no map updates and if you have more up to date maps as well.
This is what older cars have ...cheers.
5961a83dc037927b41dda7f03ee92452.jpg

41 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Marc can I be a pain in the arse and ask you what maps you have in the Sat nav info ( they can be found under ABOUT in the sub menus ) Not that you need them with Android auto compatibility emoji6.png
Just wondering if we are getting stiffed on no map updates and if you have more up to date maps as well.
This is what older cars have ...cheers.
5961a83dc037927b41dda7f03ee92452.jpg

I found the attached in my system info 

20170622_190852.jpg