• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Track information from DAB radio
6 6

103 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This is my first post as I have had most of my questions answered by reading many of the other posts.

I've had my Signature Nav 1.5d for just over a week and the one thing that is annoying me is that the current track information (song tiitle, artist etc) when using the DAB radio doesn't show.

Does anyone know if there is an option anywhere to turn this on?

Other cars I've driven and my DAB radio in the house all show this information so I'm surprised that the kadjar doesn't.

Thanks all

Yeah I have a Dynamique S NAV and it's the same on mine I click on the radio channel and update the list switch to another station then back to the station I want and the information comes on its a pain to be honest wish they would sort it out with a r-link 2 update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a Dynamique S NAV and it's the same on mine I click on the radio channel and update the list switch to another station then back to the station I want and the information comes on its a pain to be honest wish they would sort it out with a r-link 2 update.

Hi, so are you saying that you do get the track information when you change channels and go back to the original? I don't get anything at all. Just the radio station name.

FM for me is fine I don't have to do anything but dab I click on the station showing on the screen click the option button on the right hand side of the screen in the list choose update list then I click to another station then back to the station I want and the information will come on but I have to do this everytime I come back in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Section 3.6 of the R link manual suggests you should be able to select Intellitext via the menu . But, this manual seems more for the Espace than the Kadjar .  Maybe a word with R Link support will help.......or not

I alerted my dealer of the problem back in December, the demonstrator was the same, the solution is as described above and a bit of a faff. I was hoping an update may resolve the problem, but nothing as yet. For now, I use FM, although this often drops the station name yet keeps the song info.

Think I found different way of getting info. On your chosen DAB station. If you choose channel tab in DAB and then select txt from the drop down menu then station and track info should appear in channel mode for the DAB station chosen.

Renault 1.2 TCe Signature Nav in Flame Red

Everyone please report this issue to Renault UK Customer Services. Speak to their complaints department. If people don't complain they won't do anything about it. Thanks.

These things should work - we shouldn't have to be finding work-arounds. 

I don't think there's anyone on this site that likes to moan and complain and probably most , as I have , have already escalated the complaint . That's where the problem starts . Dealing with Renault Customer Services is a nightmare , increasing the frustration of the owner. The problem with an on line petition is that most owners seem to be happy so I really don't think it would work . Nice idea though :)

Bought Signature Nav 1.5 diesel 3 weeks ago. (Regd April 2016) Great motor, better than the Peugeot 3008 Allure I part exchanged.  Great fuel consumption. Mixed driving giving me around 58 mpg.  Problem with the text display on the radio (it worked once!!).  Spoke to Renault customer services (they rang me back after "live chat") After giving them a series of code numbers, they said it needed a system update.  Due service next month so will attempt to get the main dealer to sort it out.  Didn't buy it from Remault Dealer but from Motorpoint.

There was a R-link software update released in July 2016 ... unfortunately it did not fix the issue with radio text display.

Picked up my brand new Kadjar last week (built 13th Jan 17). I can confirm that the DAB track info is still an issue!

Only way I can get txt to display is update list , select new station then reselect desired station. This has to be done each time you get into car. Pain in the arse!

I'm currently waiting a callback from Renault U.K. to discuss this further.

I would suggest everyone get onto Renault if you can and report this issue. The more people that complain, they might pull their fingers out and sort it

Wishful thinking!

1 hour ago, @lex said:

Picked up my brand new Kadjar last week (built 13th Jan 17). I can confirm that the DAB track info is still an issue!

Only way I can get txt to display is update list , select new station then reselect desired station. This has to be done each time you get into car. Pain in the arse!

I'm currently waiting a callback from Renault U.K. to discuss this further.

I would suggest everyone get onto Renault if you can and report this issue. The more people that complain, they might pull their fingers out and sort it

Wishful thinking! emoji13.png

Renault have had enough time to sort it!!

2 hours ago, David Lee said:

Renault have had enough time to sort it!!

Just tried @LEX suggestion.  It did solve it (sort of) did display for a while and then lost signal.  When signal returned, text was missing.  At this rate Renault will be getting a right b########g  before long!!

Just spoke to Renault uk customer relations. Gave me some sob story about how they are aware of the issues and their team in France is working on an update. Should be released in the next couple of months apparently and can only be updated via the dealership

I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Same story when I spoke to them 9 months ago along with other bugs...how long are they going to peddle that line ? they are taking the piss now knowingly selling faulty products to unsuspecting customers wouldn't you think?

They told me it's effecting only certain units. When I told her my vehicle was only built in January, she couldn't really answer as to why it doesn't work, other than her colleagues in France will release and update soon.

She also said my dealership will be in touch when the new release is out. Again, I doubt this very much. It will be a case of me finding out myself and then phoning to book it in