• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Dynamique S Nav (D) or Signature Nav (P)
4 4

21 posts in this topic

Hi

I have watched most posts over the last few weeks and find it all very useful, 

I went for my test drive and as you highlight it cannot be a petrol demonstration

I am torn between a Dynamique S Nav diesel or for a slightly less price a Signature Nav petrol. The dealer said they do not demo the petrols as the car is too big for the petrol engine, which worried me a little, I do about 9000 miles and a few short journies so thought petrol would be the way to go.  Can any petrol owners feed back as to performance and fuel ecconomy, I know there is a thread about this but it is a little vague as if the petrol owners are holding a little back.

Thanks

First welcome to the forum. It is always a very subjective subject about which model to go for, I have the 1.2Tce and I think it is a great motor it pulls very well and does not deserve the bad press it has got (your dealer needs a kick up the bum) but all the engines are good, for me it would be the 1.2Tce to go for as the sig nav gives you the led headlights which are great, but really it is all down to personal choice. BTW I get 30MPH in town and 40MPH on a run.

A tad unprofessional of your dealer to make that sort of disparaging comment about the petrol engine,  (would have nothing to do with getting an extra £1000+ out of you for the diesel I'm sure hmm.).

You seem to be in the same mileage ball park as me, after doing the maths and assuming that I would have the car for 3 years and did not need the extra oomph for towing or long motorway journeys the petrol made more sense.

I have a Clio at the moment with the  0.9 Tce engine and was worried at first if I had made the right decision regarding power output but have been amazed at the power and economy of this unit. Previous to that I had a 1.2 Tce and that was brilliant.

Hi and welcome

We have the 1.2tce petrol and was concerned at first having read some reviews. Our dealer was very good and we did get a test drive of the petrol (albeit very short). I personally like the drive and it's not at all sluggish and ideal for our mostly urban driving. Enjoy your car!

First welcome to the forum. It is always a very subjective subject about which model to go for, I have the 1.2Tce and I think it is a great motor it pulls very well and does not deserve the bad press it has got (your dealer needs a kick up the bum) but all the engines are good, for me it would be the 1.2Tce to go for as the sig nav gives you the led headlights which are great, but really it is all down to personal choice. BTW I get 30MPH in town and 40MPH on a run.

I have the tce and would agree with all of this. The extras on the sig are superb - lights, esp auto beam, the Bose. the panoramic roof. And I prefer the sig wheels.

Renault 1.2 TCe Signature Nav in Flame Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned a 1.2 petrol S Nav for just a week now and I am really thrilled to bits with it....had a run out to Anglesey today @ 170mile round trip,its the first time I have used it on a good run and it was superb...very smooth,comfy and I have no problem whatsoever with the 1.2 petrol engine to be honest I think its a real good match for the car.Most of the journey was on cruise and it was effortless.As to wether the Signature model is better... thats down to the individual.

Just dont be scared of the 1.2 engine its more than quick enough!.....reviews have known to be wrong!

TC

HI

From the replies so far there have been no negatives on the petrol engine, especially performance, I had also test drove an Astra 1.4T petrol, which is very different but very nice inside, leather heated seats etc and very similar price to the Kadjar, i did notice from the on board computer that the economy was showing 35MPG which I was amazed at on a demo car with a few thousand miles on the clock.I see Andrew says 30MPG around town and 40MPG on a run, which no one else has confirmed, this is great info to share as I think it is near to what I would have thought if not a little low for what I would like to push me towards the petrol, keep the replies coming and thanks to all for their input.

I also have 1.2 and had same fear as you after reading all reviews. Personally they all drive diesel on reviews and assumed 1.2 is weak. Its quick and quiet, 10 seconds to achieve 100km/h is great result. Nothing to fear here, take 1.2 and you won't regret a moment.

I like what has been said about the performance, can anyone add numbers ie mpg's has anyone had a few passengers in the car and is it still fine or does it flag then. I am leaning towards the petrol a bit more now and away from the Astra petrol as well, thanks for the replies again.

Hi

I have watched most posts over the last few weeks and find it all very useful,

I went for my test drive and as you highlight it cannot be a petrol demonstration

I am torn between a Dynamique S Nav diesel or for a slightly less price a Signature Nav petrol. The dealer said they do not demo the petrols as the car is too big for the petrol engine, which worried me a little, I do about 9000 miles and a few short journies so thought petrol would be the way to go. Can any petrol owners feed back as to performance and fuel ecconomy, I know there is a thread about this but it is a little vague as if the petrol owners are holding a little back.

Thanks

Petrol is good.. Really punchy but comes down to economy... Diesel will give you more mpg but in a previous thread I calculated that you needed to do over 25000 miles a year just to break even with the money u Save buying a petrol .

Ps dealer talking bollocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good read I'm really interested in buying a 2014 model later this year and I'm trying to look into what the difference in spec are my defo thing I want is the armrest can any one help me with a link to see difference between dci s dci tde whatever the letters are I don't know them 

I just got my signature nav 1.2 petrol last week and I love it. I came from a Clio RS and for town driving the 1.2 engine has plenty power. I have only done mainly short journeys and there are only 300 miles on the clock. So mpg is not so good so far. Best I have had is 30mpg and worst is 25mpg. However my journey to work is only a 10 minute drive and there is a lot of slow moving traffic so mpg will be poor. 

Still love over the comfort and space it has

I think the message coming through on parking sensors is to use them as an aid not to use them as a definitive guide. I have never used sensors as a reliable guide and I just use my own eyes and judgement.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

On 11/03/2017 at 0:13 PM, Thecarpman said:

This is a good read I'm really interested in buying a 2014 model later this year and I'm trying to look into what the difference in spec are my defo thing I want is the armrest can any one help me with a link to see difference between dci s dci tde whatever the letters are I don't know them 

Pretty sure the Kadjar wasn't released until autumn 2015.

On 13/03/2017 at 7:06 PM, Tonker said:

I think the message coming through on parking sensors is to use them as an aid not to use them as a definitive guide. I have never used sensors as a reliable guide and I just use my own eyes and judgement.

Wise advice, but I've found them a pretty good aid, I haven't had the car long and still getting used to the wider and longer car with a different view point from my old Hyundai i30.  I'm tending to park further away from walls etc than I used to, which is probably a good thing, and the proximity alarms still go off.  I find them comforting!

I purchased my signature s nav 1.2 tce automatic in December 2016 but as I have been abroad for a few months, I have only covered 500 miles. I reset the onboard computer before I started on a 90 mile return trip from Exeter to Plymouth. On my return,the computer showed it had averaged 37mpg. After another 90 miles of very short Journeys (1 to 3 miles) it now shows 25.6mpg, so presumably since returning from Plymouth it has only averaged about 14 mpg. Presumably this is because the engine is still tight and it has been running with a cold engine for most of the time in Exeter.

Performance wise, it is no match for my previous car, a 500bhp Mercedes SL55 AMG, but I find it quite adequate and am very happy with it. In many ways the technology is much better than in  my 11 year old Merc. The automatic gearbox is great. The only criticism I have is that when trying to pull away or reverse slowly, the throttle reacts quite abruptly on just the tiniest movement.

Just to add my two-penneth, Sig Nav 1.2  petrol, I got 37-38 mpg on a long dual carrriageway and motorway run (with some urban stuff at each end) and if I drive reasonably gently at home in the suburbs, 32-33 mpg. I'm now up to 1,000 miles but the long run was within the first 500 - so it should improve as it beds in more.

Performance is absolutely fine, the power is there when I need it and am in the right gear (unlike some motoring journalists who complain about having to bother to actually change gear!).

Someone complained about the parking sensors being laggy and poor, well now I've got used to them and edge in slowly before stopping, I find that they are fine - and accurate. The tone goes continuous at consistently the same distance, just over one foot which is how I like it.