• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

mysterious safety recall notice?
6 6

369 posts in this topic

Today my car starting saying speed camera all the time and dash started to go dimmer only had it 5 weeks and with Bluetooth issue starting to have had enough already , any one getting refunded for expenses having to take car back all the time

Today my car starting saying speed camera all the time and dash started to go dimmer only had it 5 weeks and with Bluetooth issue starting to have had enough already , any one getting refunded for expenses having to take car back all the time

Would be worth resetting the whole system .. Hold the power button for over ten seconds or so .. That may kick start it back into life .. In my iPhone 6 I just don't have any issues with Bluetooth although haven't done latest Apple iOS upgrade for fear of it cocking up

Sorry to hear you are having these problems.

I would be fed up too if we're me, sounds like you have a duff car...and tbh I don't mind think a full replacement or refund would be an unreasonable demand in your case...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Would be worth resetting the whole system .. Hold the power button for over ten seconds or so .. That may kick start it back into life .. In my iPhone 6 I just don't have any issues with Bluetooth although haven't done latest Apple iOS upgrade for fear of it cocking up

Do the upgrade did mine and had no problems whatsoever!!

II wouldn't, I've been told the alarm goes off while your driving & the immobiliser kicks in

I've just had a call back from Renault ,so I asked about the alarm recall . She told me there weren't any alarm recalls on the system ,especially with the immobilizer kicking in . Sure you aren't thinking of Volvo who have had that issue ?

My new Kadjar is stuck at import centre pending the airbag software update - there is still a block on release of new Kadjars apparently.  It's been there at least 2 weeks so far and no indication when it's going to the Dealer.

What fun!

My new Kadjar is stuck at import centre pending the airbag software update - there is still a block on release of new Kadjars apparently.  It's been there at least 2 weeks so far and no indication when it's going to the Dealer.

What fun!

You'd think the update would have been done at the factory . Or maybe Renault don't trust them seeing as they may be the ones who programmed the airbags incorrectly in the first place ? The Kadjar had 5 Stars in the crash tests so I fail to understand how the slow motion didn't pick up on the wrong bag activating or not activating at all :wacko:  

Just thought I would add to this forum.  My alarm keeps going off at random moments.  Usually when I have just locked it and walked several paces away from it.  It sounds for about 20 seconds and then goes off.  It's been into the garage but as it didn't go off whilst it was there they are unable to say what is wrong.  They have suggested I monitor it !!!

There are threads in the forum regarding the alarm . First thing to check is that the sensors are pointing directly towards the rear of the car not downwards .Also check that the windows are tightly closed .There are rumours of an alarm recall for the Kadjar , but I haven't been able to get that confirmed by Renault . Can't understand why they are asking you to monitor it if it's already happening , unless it's once every couple of months

Just thought I would add to this forum. My alarm keeps going off at random moments. Usually when I have just locked it and walked several paces away from it. It sounds for about 20 seconds and then goes off. It's been into the garage but as it didn't go off whilst it was there they are unable to say what is wrong. They have suggested I monitor it !!!

I had the same problem. Alarm has been replaced and now is OK.

regards

Grzes

I rang Renault last week to ask about this recall and he said he hadn't heard anything. He just wanted me off the phone and eventually said he would look up to see if my car was included in the recall.

I got a call back to say that a few things came up for my car & it's nothing major. I was then told Renault will write to everyone & arrange for the issues to be sorted

Recieved a letter from Renault today 27 May. There saying that a severe enough side impact to the car might not deploy the side airbags so they need to take it in next week for a fix. I have my car since January 2016. 

Recieved a letter from Renault today 27 May. There saying that a severe enough side impact to the car might not deploy the side airbags so they need to take it in next week for a fix. I have my car since January 2016. 

Seems like Renault Ireland are more on the ball than Renault UK .

Three recalls since January .

One might affect the brakes ,another the airbags and now the seatbelt ......Scary 

5 Star Euro NCAP ????

Car went into Renault garage Tuesday morning 7 June 2016 and I collected that evening. I called into the garage to talk to the workshop manager but he left, so the guy I was talking to said he would get him to ring me the next day (still waiting for the call) just to ask about what was done exactly and if everything went well. Car stiil driving good and everything seems as it was.