• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Daytime Running Lights
2 2

10 posts in this topic

One of the best things about the car to my mind, and im sure if someone bumped you your ins would try to wriggle out  of paying out , they cant say they didn't see you with them on, its a requirement of all new model cars to have them fitted after 11 plate but not a legal requirement to have them on , they cost nowt to run, its like you see driving everywhere at night with 5w candle side lights because they think that by doing that they are saving money, till the next accident

Why is it that there are only LED running lights at the front? (In other words, in daylight, there are bright lights at the front of the car but nothing at the rear). I have noticed that this is also the case with other makes of car so I assume that there is a reason.

Yesterday, I was driving on a wet road and quite a lot of spray was being thrown up but the ambient light was not poor enough for the auto lights to trigger. Consequently, vehicles behind me would have found it hard to see me until I thought to switch the lights from Auto to On.

I agree that is annoying.  I can only presume that the legislation is to make you visible to pedestrians you are driving towards rather than to make you visible to other drivers which, in my opinion, is more likely to be an issue.

When DRLs were first being suggested as compulsary there was a fierce campaign against the law mainly by motorcycling groups, but also supported by many cyclists. The argument was that two-wheelers would be `lost` in the sea of oncoming lights.

It was a position that I agreed with at the time.

However, as these lights have become commonplace, ìm now a supporter of DRLs as I`m now - as a driver, cyclist, pedestrian, and motorcyclist - able to see the safety benefits of these lights.

Sent from my P01W using Tapatalk

I think it is to save a fraction of petrol or diesel, with a wee bit less strain on the alternator.

Another thing, when you switch the lights to "on" instead of "auto", the instrument panel lights go to dim, and you cannot see the instruments properly in bright dayligt.

You can adjust the instrument panel brightness in the menu . Switch your headlights on and the night  brightness adjustment is available . It's normally greyed out in daytime and only daytime mode adjustment is possible but switch the lights on and daytime is greyed out and night adjustment becomes available