• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Real world mpg
4 4

76 posts in this topic

Currently looking to change my diesel Honda Civic but want more boots space and an auto. Kadjar is on the shortlist and the extra height would be an added bonus as I occasional drive farm and forest track.

Don't want a 4x4 (wife's car is a 4x4 Dacia Dustcart)  so really interested in the 110 auto Kadjar.  Civic has averaged a measure 63mpg over 65K/30 months but they don't do an auto.

Now I don't expect to hit these figures but what real world mpg are folk getting with their Kadjars?

63mpg, was that off the on board computer or calculated the old fashioned way of filling to the brim and noting the mileage? I always find a difference between the two. Anyway, I think it's too early to tell the true figure, for many owners, they haven't covered many miles, the engines are still tight and probably degraded over the winter anyway to be able to give a meaningful long term average. At the moment I'm averaging 55 but expect it to improve!

63mpg, was that off the on board computer or calculated the old fashioned way of filling to the brim and noting the mileage? I always find a difference between the two. Anyway, I think it's too early to tell the true figure, for many owners, they haven't covered many miles, the engines are still tight and probably degraded over the winter anyway to be able to give a meaningful long term average. At the moment I'm averaging 55 but expect it to improve!

That's calculated nothing all my fuel usage over the time of ownership.

yes 55 is about right , i dont really use eco mode so maybe that could help achive a bit more , i feel eco mode really reduces the performance of the turbo wich i gotta say is pretty instant with no lag to talk about , any one else got an opinion on this id be interested to to hear your point of view .

yes 55 is about right , i dont really use eco mode so maybe that could help achive a bit more , i feel eco mode really reduces the performance of the turbo wich i gotta say is pretty instant with no lag to talk about , any one else got an opinion on this id be interested to to hear your point of view .

I agree Bill especially when pulling away from junctions and roundabouts with eco mode off its much better than when it's on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks folks.

Eco mode in teh Civic seems to have teh same effect of damping performance, and in fact I find reduces mpg in some circumstances as you need to work the car harder to keep pace with teh traffic.  I only use it on long steady runs

Thanks folks.

Eco mode in teh Civic seems to have teh same effect of damping performance, and in fact I find reduces mpg in some circumstances as you need to work the car harder to keep pace with teh traffic.  I only use it on long steady runs

Exactly like I use it , I tend to use normal mode in traffic ,even on motorways ,and switch ECO on when I've got a clear run . Never use ECO  when climbing hills ,as you say you have to push the car harder which defeats the object

I'm getting an average of 43mpg, this is mainly around town, about the same as my old 2.ltr Chrysler Sebring. This has been with ECO on. I think I'll try it with ECO off. I was expecting to get better than my 7 year old Yankee car!

Mines going back to the dealer for testing. Got a 1.5DCi and do mostly out of town country lane driving (40 miles a day) and I'm getting an average of 43.4 MPG after 5500 miles :/.

Eco Scores are up in the 4 star range too.

Gonna return it and ask for a refund if they reproduce the same results at the dealership (I specifically asked about MPG and said it was an important factor for me in the dealership). 30 MPG off the mark is pretty unacceptable to me really.

It's a shame as I do really like the car but my fuel costs are nearly double what I was expecting!

I really do hope you get a result but I think you'll struggle to get a refund.  Our old car, a Grand Scenic, had a quoted MPG of 72 MPG and we were getting around 40 throughout the years.  In fairness this was mainly town driving but I did query it as MPG was one of the deciders for us and they weren't interested one bit.  They just told me about tests being done on rolling roads, engine warmed up, all the electrics switched off etc.  I ignored the Kadjar quoted figure and just presumed we would get about the same.  After 2500 miles we are on around 45 MPG and I think that's all we can expect with a combined cycle. 

There's no way you'll get the manufacturer's claimed figures , but you should get more than 43mpg .I live in a hilly area and get around 55mpg after 4000 miles . The dealer will most likely come back and blame your driving style

The Kadjar performs best when kept at a constant speed, 50 mph returns fantastic figures, but the reality is, no one sits at 50! Any accelerating or braking destroys those figures. I live near a motoway and use this for commute, with cruise on, set at 70mph, I achieve 55mpg. As soon as I touch the brakes I'm throwing away energy, I then have to accelerate again, which uses yet more.

The Kadjar performs best when kept at a constant speed, 50 mph returns fantastic figures, but the reality is, no one sits at 50! Any accelerating or braking destroys those figures. I live near a motoway and use this for commute, with cruise on, set at 70mph, I achieve 55mpg. As soon as I touch the brakes I'm throwing away energy, I then have to accelerate again, which uses yet more.

Totally agree . On the motorways ,I accelerate up to speed as quickly as possible and ease off letting the inertia do the rest . Normally ,I get about 63 mpg on the motorways.

43mpg does seem pretty low... I've tested mine  during one fill up (lasts about 10 days...ish)  I absolutely threw it about for the whole tank... I was getting 53 mpg,  that's really punching it on motorways too!  This tank of fuel im driving very conservatively and hitting 61mpg so far :)

oh thats on Eco mode too, I have the 110 model snav. 

I tend to leave mine in ECO mode when driving around London, I find the ride more even. You can temporarily leave the mode by pushing down on the accelerator i.e. pulling out of a junction at speed.

Did a trip down the A303 rom south London to Plymouth the other week (215 miles) and added £22 to top it up, I think that works out at 44 mpg. A lot better than my previous s-type Jag which did 12 mpg around town.

I used to nail it some times in the Chrysler. In the Kadjar I'm taking it easy and have good scores on the Eco scores, I'm scared to nail in this as the mpg would be down in the 20s.

110dci Sig Nav flame red with Techno, lighting and leather packs

Ive only driven 160 miles. But with the 1.6d 4x4 and without eco and driving it quite punchy, I am getting 38mpg. Relatively ok with that as I used to only get 29mpg in my Antara. I expect it will get higher too once everything settles and if I start using eco mode.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am getting 38mpg. Relatively ok with that as I used to only get 29mpg in my Antara. I expect it will get higher too once everything settles and if I start using eco mode.

Same engine and drivetrain here.  After 3700 miles of mostly town driving but a 100 mile motorway trip one a week I have settled at around 46MPG. Very slightly disappointed but as I used to get 42 in my 1.5 Grand Scenic I can't complain.  I use Eco Mode sparingly mainly because I forget it's there.

Had my Tce for a week now put 400 miles on the clock mainly on A roads and i'm getting a return of about 39mpg, better than I thought with the engine still being new and tight.

Had my Tce for a week now put 400 miles on the clock mainly on A roads and i'm getting a return of about 39mpg, better than I thought with the engine still being new and tight.

That seems about the norm for the tce. Mine struggled into a very strong headwind yesterday for about 90 miles. Got about 37 mpg driving very conservatively.

Hello

I keep a record of how well my car is doing (sig nav 4x4), I drive mostly with the eco off, as I feel it gets getting power and I drive mainly in 4x4 auto

1- 42.110mpg

2nd messed up amount

3 - 43.731mpg

4 - 42.894mpg

5 - 43.634mpg

6 - 42.345mpg

7 - 44.373mpg

I work out the mpg as I feel it works out better then using the on board computer.

(fill up full, reset trip meter, drive around until you fill up again, but again full up to top, and mark down litters used, and how many miles - then just work out the real mpg)

Hello

I keep a record of how well my car is doing (sig nav 4x4), I drive mostly with the eco off, as I feel it gets getting power and I drive mainly in 4x4 auto

1- 42.110mpg

2nd messed up amount

3 - 43.731mpg

4 - 42.894mpg

5 - 43.634mpg

6 - 42.345mpg

7 - 44.373mpg

I work out the mpg as I feel it works out better then using the on board computer.

(fill up full, reset trip meter, drive around until you fill up again, but again full up to top, and mark down litters used, and how many miles - then just work out the real mpg)

The bar is set..Just need to see how much i can beat that in my 1.6 2wd model...LOL..i have to work out all my fuel for work so will have real MPG not the onboard computer figures too...