• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Latest version of R-Link
4 4

54 posts in this topic

In case anyone is interested I took my Kadjar in to Renault Croydon yesterday for another issue and asked them to update to the latest version of R-Link as I thought there was a new one.  There was a recall due for some kind of software update but I was disappointed to see that the actual software and boot version were the same as when I dropped it off so I don't think there has been a major update.  Software Release is 2.2.15.604 and Boot Release is 4598.  These were the versions that were on the car when I collected it at the end of December so suggests there hasn't been an update in over two months despite the niggles that many people have reported.

I don't know what the update they did apply did but one obvious thing that I checked is that the speed warning for cameras is still incorrect.

In case anyone is interested I took my Kadjar in to Renault Croydon yesterday for another issue and asked them to update to the latest version of R-Link as I thought there was a new one.  There was a recall due for some kind of software update but I was disappointed to see that the actual software and boot version were the same as when I dropped it off so I don't think there has been a major update.  Software Release is 2.2.15.604 and Boot Release is 4598.  These were the versions that were on the car when I collected it at the end of December so suggests there hasn't been an update in over two months despite the niggles that many people have reported.

I don't know what the update they did apply did but one obvious thing that I checked is that the speed warning for cameras is still incorrect.

Exactly the same as you mate, had a recall for software update ....nothing different when I had it back . Sent me back to have another update , 2 in fact R Link and mapping , the R Link updated but they screwed up the mapping ,got to take it back again in two weeks time.  . The E guide shows mapping and R Link as being performed by the customer !!!! . So far I've lost 2 days and a third to come  . Not happy at all

It appears Renault are listening, Hayley from Renault Retail UK has been in touch, if you DM me your name, reg number and contact telephone number, I will pass it on and she will get in touch with you regarding this.

Andy

I got my car mid feb and my details are

software - 2.2.15.703

boot 4711

just like Andrews above :)

PS, Andrew that is a great name, From another Andrew :)

Just noticed that even with this latest build the speed camera location warning still shows as mph but gives a kph number e.g. 70 as 113?

Renault 1.2 TCe Signature Nav in Flame Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just noticed that even with this latest build the speed camera location warning still shows as mph but gives a kph number e.g. 70 as 113?

I haven't had that problem my shows the correct speed but it annoyingly keeps saying about speed cameras continuously until your near to it or gone past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's odd. Mine knows where they are from established mapped locations. It doesn't detect cameras as such I think. Mine was convinced there was one across the M4 at Pencoed which is a favorite spot for the police but not there today.

That's odd. Mine knows where they are from established mapped locations. It doesn't detect cameras as such I think. Mine was convinced there was one across the M4 at Pencoed which is a favorite spot for the police but not there today.

Ohh it knows where they are it just says over and over speed camera speed camera speed camera which is annoying as hell.

Managed to work out how to enable it last night. Only two warnings received, one about 300 yds away and the second when almost on top of it. Didn't find it annoying, but the option of a beep instead of a voice might be nice.

Interesting reading guys, I'm losing patience with Renault full stop....it appears RUK doesn't keep track of what's going on in the forums at all and generally seem apathetic.

I flagged up a few issues on the Rlink2 system on my new Signature Nav, the main two being:

a)Traffic announcement says typically, " traffic jam on  Southend Arterial Rd at the intersection with Southend Arterial Rd."  This was an actual announcement and not very helpful...any announcement where 'INTERSECTION' is stated is the same however, where the word BETWEEN is used, the system is accurate.

B) The Speedo displays speed cams as it should however, with units set to MPH as you would for the UK, 30mph shows as 48, 40mph shows as 64, 50mph shows as 80 and 70mph shows as 113. (also had this on my Megane 4 years ago).  However, change the units to KPH and the 30mph shows as 75, 40mph shows as 103, 50mph shows as 128 and 70mph shows as 182.....easy to see what is happening though...approx 1.6kph to 1mph and they have the core settings/multipliers wrong.  Interestingly enough, Renault's support line for the Rlink (not TomTom) didn't know anything about the above or any of the other 15 issues I listed to them.

In addition, the Rlink2 Toolbox Manager (was Download Manager) doesn't appear to recognise USB sticks when running under windows10...win7 is fine.

If anyone knows any different I'd love to hear.

I can personally say, I had no issues with rlink2 at all.

speed cams show the correct speed, never had a traffic announcement so I cant say about that.

I even had the rlink system tell me my average speed when going through road works with average speed cams on.

I am running the download manager on a windows 10 pro (64bit) laptop without any issues (but it does not work all the time on my windows 10 pro desktop, as I plug the USB pen into a hub and I have notice it does not like that)

And I have no issues with Renault uk, I have a case open with them to get a service plan on the car, which I was not able to do online as my reg was not on the system.

it took a few weeks for them to fix that, and I was giving a £200 off the service plan because of the wait/trouble I had with it.

so I cant knock them at all.

Andrew

Have been trying to log on to R-Link online and despite trying to obtain the rlink serial number by first inserting a usb into the vehicle then reinserting into your PC when it is supposed to show the serial number, all I get is a WLS file that I can't open. Have tried pasting different numbers (including the HUID) number but without success. Anybody having similar problems?

Thanks

Having the same toolbox issue here in Denmark. Top spec Kadjar 1.5 dci with EDC auto.. Got it in February 2016.

The new toolbox app cannot access my USB stick.. And it is DEFINITELY a programming error. I'm a Java developer..16+ years.. And it IS written in Java..and I have debugged it.

And surprise: it cannot find the Windows process that handles the USB access!. I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

I have written to Renault and send them the error.. Have to say this is poor programming and testing.

I now have my Kadjar , have downloaded rlink2 toolbox on to my pic (Windows 10) , synced usb with car but rlink2 will not recognise usb.

Any ideas?

Tried 3 different PCs ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up my Kadjar on Monday (Sig Nav EDC) and it has the 2.2.15.703 / 4711 rLink installed but I have the speed camera KPH / MPH issue, plus inability to play anything other than the radio or AUX.  The USB and bluetooth options are greyed out in the media section.  I can use the phone on bluetooth for calls but nothing else.  Annoying as I drive some 40k miles per annum and wanted the Bose system so that I could play my own music and see what was playing through the system.  Not ideal having to pick-up the phone to change tracks / playlist / album on Spotify every now and then.