• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Latest version of R-Link
4 4

55 posts in this topic

Hi.  Just spoke to Renault customer services and they are going to speak to their Media Team (as in ICE / RLink) to see if they can advise.  I can't play bluetooth audio through the RLink (iPhone not connected to anything), neither can I connect the iPhone to the USB and play it through RLink, either from directly from the USB or continuing to try via Bluetooth and using the USB for power (hopefully that makes sense!).  I can play music via the AUX but the RLink gets confused each time I get in and connect the iPhone and I have to go through various settings and take off the media sharing thingy.  And obviously with AUX I have to pick up my phone to see what's playing / change playlist / album etc.  Renault customer services were sympathetic to this and said they would escalate to their Media experts for feedback.     

RUK Customer Services just called back.  Their media team (it's called something else but I can't recall) say that it's because Apple have just released a new update so they are playing catch-up.  Not entirely sure that's the case but I might have a go at sourcing and putting some music on a USB stick (I am a Spotify user so don't have any music files locally) and see if that works.   Frustrating because I just gave back a Golf (my Kad is a replacement company car) and the bluetooth audio worked fine on their fairly vanilla audio system.  IMHO RLink is a triumph of style over substance, I bet 95% of owners never use any of the features.  

I have an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS(checked yesterday). It works fine Bluetooth for calls and music. It won't work, however, if I use the USB to charge the phone at the same time. The phone has to be disconnected from the USB but connected to Bluetooth with calls and media checked on the setup.

Everybody has the mph/kph issue still I think(some say they don't but it's a bit hard to take pictures when driving) For some phones the r-link doesn't like the usb to be the charging power source and the media source at the same time if you know what I mean.Have you tried using the power socket as your charging source and using Bluetooth for playing your media. Other than suggesting that I have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I don't have the kph/ mph issue

If you connect iPhone to the car via the 12v power source and not the usb and then use bluetooth for music and phone and sms then all should be well. Mine didn't like being connected to usb with bluetooth at the same time. My phones ios is up to date again with no issues.

Renault 1.2 TCe Signature Nav in Flame Red

If you connect iPhone to the car via the 12v power source and not the usb and then use bluetooth for music and phone and sms then all should be well. Mine didn't like being connected to usb with bluetooth at the same time. My phones ios is up to date again with no issues.

My bluetooth audio doesn't work full stop.  Doesn't matter if it's being charged by the power socket, the USB or working on it's own battery. If I can find one, I'm going to try another iPhone and see if that makes a difference.    

Yes that might be a good idea. In the time I was either looking at the kadjar in showroom or on test or with my actual car I've never had a problem with an iPhone. That's with a 6s or my old 5s which I connected to a showroom car. Dies the phones bluetooth connection work on audio with other devices. If you have them try syncing and playing audio to bluetooth headphones or a bluetooth speaker.

Yeah, my iPhone works fine with any other bluetooth device, just not my beloved Kad :-(  Physically it's an early iPhone 6.  I use Spotify and when playing music from the Spotify app, I can see that it's being routed to R-Link but no sound from the car.  All the sound input settings etc are set as on / have a volume value (as does the iPhone) and the radio and AUX work fine.   In the car, the screen with the various grey boxes to select the media source shows my iPhone in the bluetooth box but the box itself is greyed out :-(  

Yeah, my iPhone works fine with any other bluetooth device, just not my beloved Kad :-( Physically it's an early iPhone 6. I use Spotify and when playing music from the Spotify app, I can see that it's being routed to R-Link but no sound from the car. All the sound input settings etc are set as on / have a volume value (as does the iPhone) and the radio and AUX work fine. In the car, the screen with the various grey boxes to select the media source shows my iPhone in the bluetooth box but the box itself is greyed out :-(

If the phone is paired then it shouldn't be greyed out. Other than spotify have you tried any other music sources on the phone like tracks in your music folder, iTunes. Sounds to me that the fault may lie with car and the bluetooth interface.

Yeah, my iPhone works fine with any other bluetooth device, just not my beloved Kad :-( Physically it's an early iPhone 6. I use Spotify and when playing music from the Spotify app, I can see that it's being routed to R-Link but no sound from the car. All the sound input settings etc are set as on / have a volume value (as does the iPhone) and the radio and AUX work fine. In the car, the screen with the various grey boxes to select the media source shows my iPhone in the bluetooth box but the box itself is greyed out :-(

If the phone is paired then it shouldn't be greyed out. Other than spotify have you tried any other music sources on the phone like tracks in your music folder, iTunes. Sounds to me that the fault may lie with car and the bluetooth interface.

Do you have the iPhone connected by USB too? That could prevent to connect the phone as a playable media device. And IMHO it sound really better connected to USB as an iPod

I don't have the iPhone connected to the USB.  I did, however, download some music from Amazon earlier and placed it onto a USB stick and connected that.  It works perfectly that way.  Now if only I could get Spotify to play that way via Bluetooth audio!  

And as if by magic.....go out for a drive with a pal who had her iPhone 6.  Connected it via Bluetooth and it plays her music seamlessly.  Disconnect her phone and reinstate mine on the bluetooth menu and it will now play my Spotify music!  I can't seem to get albums or artists etc up (seems RLink doesn't like Spotify but then neither does VW's audio system) but it'll play the playlists without an issue, including artist, title and the art work - just as it should.  What has changed?  Who knows!  

hallo everybody. i just saw photos from Kadjar Turkie and i saw that my rlink is not up to date. mine version is  2,2,15,703 and navigation info 9,12,106,586426. also the startup sofware is 4711. is there any way to see at the rlink store the which version is available? i log in and says no updates available... any ideas?