• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Auto-folding mirrors are TRUE!
4 4

80 posts in this topic

Yes, there it it is. An ORIGINAL auto-folding mirror kit! Look at the top two lines: http://www.tech-accessoires.renault.com/en/homepage/search-accessoires/search-accessoires/?vehicule_flash=56

Installation is not easy but at least now we know that auto-folding mirrors are possbile.

Curious.

It's not clear how this set up differs from the installation that we have - I wonder if one of the wiring loom connectors is the key - possibly somewhere around diagram 19.

Upto now I'd assumed it was a software setting that hadn't been enabled, but having seen this (thanks Ballantine) I'm now not so sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK perhaps I should rephrase " I wouldn't trust my dealership to install it properly and not damage some part of my car "

How do you know your car is assembled corretly at the factory? What if they didn't know how to assemble your car right? How can you take your car in the scheduled maintenance? How do you trust them? What if they damage your car?

Seriously, dealer's mechanics are trained to install original accessories and they do it every day. If they don't know how to install original accessories without damaging car, then who does?

How do you know your car is assembled corretly at the factory? What if they didn't know how to assemble your car right? How can you take your car in the scheduled maintenance? How do you trust them? What if they damage your car?

Seriously, dealer's mechanics are trained to install original accessories and they do it every day. If they don't know how to install original accessories without damaging car, then who does?

OK I'm not talking about the factory , I'm talking about these " dealers trained mechanics"  who after two visits have failed to update my R Link and now want a third go . VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!! Oh and ,by the way ,they did damage my car....TWICE

Actually, I think I won't be installing auto-folding kit as I don't want to fold mirrors at all in the winter because of the danger of a frozen mechanism. If there was an option that you can disable the whole folding I would definitely go for auto-folding kit. In the summer it would be good. 

Actually, I think I won't be installing auto-folding kit as I don't want to fold mirrors at all in the winter because of the danger of a frozen mechanism. If there was an option that you can disable the whole folding I would definitely go for auto-folding kit. In the summer it would be good. 

I think that's a wise decision . One of our members mentioned the frozen mechanism issue a few months back . He was from Norway ,I think, so he'd know what he's talking about  :) . At the end of the day pressing a button is no great hardship 

I had the auto-folding option on my car (Peugeot 407) for 8 years and in my country there are pretty cold winters. I just use a little de-icer spray.

Yes, Peugeots have had auto-folding mirrors like "always". My friend has 607 and mirrors freezes few times in a winter. Auto-folding cannot be turned off. We have up to -30C here in the winters. Maybe they don't freeze in countries where usual minimum temperature is few minus celcius. When installing this auto-folding kit to Kadjar, folding cannot be turned off either.

Auto-folding cannot be turned off. We have up to -30C here in the winters.

It could be so easy .... see this: Mercedes

Anyway it is better with this Renault module than with my old 407 because, if I understand correctly, the mirrors will unfold when you start the engine not when you open the door.

But what about... when they install the module to add a button so you can cut the power to this module ?

The official Renault accessory kit 7711780552 is now available in Belgium and I have booked my Kadjar in to have one fitted on 16th June. I'll report back afterwards. The cost is €139 including fitting.