• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R Link 2 Toolbox
6 6

71 posts in this topic

The R Link Store now uses "R LInk 2 Toolbox " ,downloadable from the site for PC and Mac . It would seem that this is no longer a web based app and runs from the system tray on your PC ,it's a simple interface but does work . It no longer matters what browser you use as it's not using the Java applet , I think , I've uninstalled Firefox and gone back to Chrome and tested the app and it works .....no updates there though  ;)

Progress Renault there's my brownie point for them , though I suppose I could remove a few brownie points seeing as I've no Navigation on my Kadjar after yesterday's update  :unsure:

I still wish Renault would be more open because I asked the question about changes to Download Manager a few months back and had no reply . After all , these programs are not developed overnight 

I also downloaded the Rlink 2 toolbox for Mac and it worked straight away, but no updates. I think someone is working behind the scenes, to develope and improve the Rlink 2 package and, in time, it will evolve, it did with the Rlink 1.

Installed R-Link 2 toolbox on windows 10 64bit. it wont detect the usb stick. I have done what it said, register with r-link 2 in the car then connect to usb port on pc but no go. Anyone else with this problem. Everything was working the other way through the browser. :angry:

I also had the problem with the new rlink software, on windows 10 64bits, but I think this is down to with usb port you plug the device in.

I have now got it working using a usb port on the laptop instead of a usb HUB

I also think it is a step in the wrong way with it.

now to get any updates or new software you need to remove and replug the usb pen back in, as you cant refresh it :(

hi,

i have also problem with toolbox. it doesnt work. when i try to start it there is error. Maybe it is only problem in poland site of Renault.

may anybody send me by email install version of this software?

if yes, thx:)

I had the same problem with new R-Link2 software just got the red X (no luck with clicking on it Roger) in the end after reinstalling, disabling all antivirus and anti-malware programs I tried it on a laptop running Win10 32 bit and it worked fine not sure if that is the cause or not, but I am working on it.

I downloaded r-link 2 toolbox to my imac and worked first time and through a hub port. Still can't get it to connect to my laptop using windows 10 64bit.

Software installed perfect but just doesn't see the usb stick.

after start program there is only "Error invoking method" and only OK button. After clicking OK button there is next error "Faile to launch JVM".

I've instaled latest Java version, but it doesnt stil working:(

I have no idea what to do, so I wrote to Renault and now Im waitnig for response.

after start program there is only "Error invoking method" and only OK button. After clicking OK button there is next error "Faile to launch JVM".

I have no idea what to do, so I wrote to Renault and now Im waitnig for response.

I don't think R Link 2 Toolbox uses Java ..perhaps you need to ask Renault to clarify ....if they know

The R-link2 Toolbox is using Java under Windows 10 and after I install it I and start it I got the same error messages as wawpiotrek. So please let us know Piotrek about the answer of Renault. 

I'm in touch with Renault Poland too.. After installation had the same error.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

I'm in touch with Renault Poland too.. After installation had the same error.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

it is very funny:) when i told RP about my problem, they sad that I am only customer with such a problem:))).

they told me that they have 14 days to solve this proble so I am waiting

I picked up my Kadjar yesterday 1.6 DCI Sig Nav, I registered with R link Store. I found I needed to specifically download r 2 Link toolbox not rlinktoolbox. There is no red x in the corner of this app. Anyway, after inserting my formatted USB stick into the car for several minutes I inserted in my laptiop, logged into the store using Maxthon Browser, and it informed me an update on my system was required, and until this was down I would not be able to access other services from the store. I checked the system info and it shows s/w version 2.2.15.703 which I think is the latest version. The download was only 2.6 MB. Has anyone else successfully installed an update to Rlink? I am rather hesitant to do this as  ULFIRE lost his Navigation after updating, and all seems to be working ok apart from the warning when I log into the store that I must update the software.

By the way, the car is great as is the Bose sound system. It's nothing special when listening to DAB radio, but when I put in my music via usb recorded at 192 kps it is superb.

I picked up my Kadjar yesterday 1.6 DCI Sig Nav, I registered with R link Store. I found I needed to specifically download r 2 Link toolbox not rlinktoolbox. There is no red x in the corner of this app. Anyway, after inserting my formatted USB stick into the car for several minutes I inserted in my laptiop, logged into the store using Maxthon Browser, and it informed me an update on my system was required, and until this was down I would not be able to access other services from the store. I checked the system info and it shows s/w version 2.2.15.703 which I think is the latest version. The download was only 2.6 MB. Has anyone else successfully installed an update to Rlink? I am rather hesitant to do this as  ULFIRE lost his Navigation after updating, and all seems to be working ok apart from the warning when I log into the store that I must update the software.

By the way, the car is great as is the Bose sound system. It's nothing special when listening to DAB radio, but when I put in my music via usb recorded at 192 kps it is superb.

When I took mine in for the update there were 2 updates R Link and Navigation software .The R Link software went OK bringing it up to the version that you have .  It was the Nav software that went pear shaped ,so you should be OK . It's a pity that the R Link software hasn't got a back up and restore facility as TomTom did 

As for the Red X , that only shows if it doesn't detect a USB key ,I find that some times it's red but clicking on it "sees" the USB