• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

3700 miles & oil top up!
5 5

45 posts in this topic

I have the 1.5 110 diesel in my Kadjar and today, having done just over 3700 miles, I got the check oil level warning come up on the dash. Sure enough the oil level was just above the minimum on a warm engine. I've given it a drink, but should I be expecting this amount of oil burn, with so few miles?

Funny enough ,I've done 3800 miles . I'm not getting an oil warning light but it's telling me an oil change is due in 7400 miles . It should be about the same time as my service , about 14000 miles. I've raised this at the dealership and they can't give me an answer . My last two Renaults were 1.5Dci 110 and they didn't lose oil at all . Very Strange

Interesting... At my dealership adviced me to change oil at 3000km (1800 miles) if I intend to have a car more then 4,5 years. And adviced me also to change oil once a year/after 15.000-20.000 km (9100-12.100 miles). 

I was present at oil change and have a word with mechanic. HE said that first, initial oil is not the same caracterictics as Renault recomandes,.. So I risk 80EUR to change oil and oil filter. Oil was pretty dirty. 

I have 1.6 dCi engine. Oil they put in engine was ELF Solaris 5W30 for DPF. 

I wonder why Renault supply each new car with 1lt of oil both my daulter's Clio and my Kadjar came that way.

It makes me think that Reault do not have much faith in their engines.

If ever i do need to have to add oil it will be the first time I've had to do this on a new car.

Dave Drew.

I wonder why Renault supply each new car with 1lt of oil both my daulter's Clio and my Kadjar came that way.

It makes me think that Reault do not have much faith in their engines.

If ever i do need to have to add oil it will be the first time I've had to do this on a new car.

Dave Drew.

Mercedes seem to have confidence in Renault engines.

Mercedes are not interested in producing small engines either :D  . On the subject of oil usage ,I've used all the 2 litres that came with the car after 7000 miles , not hammering the car either . My last car was an ex demo Scenic 1.5Dci with 10,000 miles on the clock . That also had the 2 litre of oil in the boot and it hadn't been used at all . I've driven many company cars from new over the last 40 years and really hammered them all and can't seem to remember putting oil in them other than at the service intervals 

I originally started this thread. I have now completed 9000 miles and have had to top up the oil once again. I've now used 2 bottles of oil in total. The oil consumption may have slowed a bit however, so I'm monitoring closely. The car has not been thrashed and I've been careful to always change gear below 2000rmp. Perhaps, going careful, the running in process takes longer?

perfectly normal for a diesel engine to use a bit of oil during the break in period

Yet my previous Scenic 1.5Dci got to 14000 miles and used no oil ? Maybe it's the difference between  the pistons in the Kadjar ?

Yet my previous Scenic 1.5Dci got to 14000 miles and used no oil ? Maybe it's the difference between  the pistons in the Kadjar ?

All cars are different, even with marquees/brands.  Mt current car, Honda Civic has never required oil between services., but previous  3 - Mazda 3, BMW 118D and Octavia tdi all needed oil before the first service and never needed topped up again.

Interestingly many years ago my d=dad bought 2 tractors, of the same model, at the same time. One was put into heavy work from day one, the other had much lighter duties. The one that worked hard used little oil throughout its time with use and was always a far more willing machine

I'm done about 6000 miles from new (around 4 months) and have hardly used any. Last check was last a week or so ago. Oil level on a cold engine was just under the Max level on the stick. Mines is the 110DCi EDC. Mebbes I should start thrashing it a bit more, although my score on the coaching thingy hovers between 50-51.  :D  :D  :D

I'm done about 6000 miles from new (around 4 months) and have hardly used any. Last check was last a week or so ago. Oil level on a cold engine was just under the Max level on the stick. Mines is the 110DCi EDC. Mebbes I should start thrashing it a bit more, although my score on the coaching thingy hovers between 50-51.  :D  :D  :D

Perhaps I should thrash mine more . My score is normally about 80  :D