• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

USB player album order
4 4

22 posts in this topic

I haven't tried it but I would think you would have to name the song 01_Track 1 ,02_Track 2 and so on

Hello everyone from Italy

When I play an album from USB, the tracks are ordered by name of song and not by the number of the tracks.

The tags of mp3 are ok.

Suggestions ?

hi i read this yesterday and and thought you were just plain wrong as mine always played them by  number  BUT  today i put in my usb and yes it is now playing alphabeticly too , i have no explaiation for this ....anyone else noticed or have any ideas ? its no biggy but im just curious .

All mine play in the correct order from USB stick as well as iPod.

I found that it uses the iTunes naming convention in order to play them in the correct order.

I use this https://picard.musicbrainz.org/ which is handy as it renames your Albums into the correct naming convention and also embeds Album Art which is displayed on the Kadjar Stereo. (You do not need iTunes installed to use this!!)

Also handy for a faster way to rename a new Album before you drop them into iTunes.

It may not know all the Albums you are trying to rename but it's only missed a few from the 330GB of music I have now.

Hi

Just wondering if anybody has sussed this out yet as whatever I do I can't get the tracks on the USB stick

to play in the order I want.

My previous car VW Golf had no problem playing them in order of the track number but R-Link just wants to play them in alphabetical order.

The File structure is set out as follows

I main folder labelled "Hits of 1986"

Inside that folder are 52 folders labelled with the date of the charts ie 01-1st Jan 02-8th Jan etc

Inside each folder of the week are the tracks numbered 01-Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love 02-Prince - Kiss etc

The MP3 Files have been tagged with Title and Artist and today I tried tagging them with track numbers ie 1/32 2/32 3/32 etc but despite this if I select the any folder for example it still plays them in alphabetical order.

Any help will be much appreciated with sorting this.

Ivan

nice topic. i m wondering if anyone can change FOLDERS playing and not only tracks. i didnt search it but i think i cant change folders because i cant see them in the current list.... is there a way to play folders, repeat folders etc? thank you!

I have a Megane with the R link 2 systen and face the same alphabetic sorting issue. I followed all good suggestions in this thread, but no success. 

However, if you select the Browser > Folders and then select your folder of choice it plays the tracks in sorted filename order (i.e. 01 Sound & Color.flac, 02 Don't Wanna Fight.flac). 

Hope this helps :)

If I look for music via "Folder"   it brings up the Albums in that folder  and once you select the album it plays the tracks in the right order . If instead I search from the outset  via "Album" and select an album it tends to play the tracks in alphabetical order.

I have a different problem: I can play albums but not folders (which I could on my Media Nav Captur). All my albums are in folders but when I choose folders in browser it shows them all but when I go in to the folder and choose the first track and press play I get the message 'format not supported' or words to the same effect. I have to choose albums to play which are then shown in alphabetical order, Titel not artist, so five Pink Floyd albums are all over the place. I spend what seems like ages scrolling up and down. My USB with the same content played without problems on previous Renault. I can work round but it's a ball ache.  The car is good but RLink 2 flatters to deceive.

I found that if you use iTunes and in the settings set for iTunes to manage files they play in the correct order. There is also "music pico" (google it.. it's free) which renames albums in the iTunes format and also adds cover art which will display on rlink2. This will then play in the correct order.

I got the same problem. I don't use Itunes but the standard mediaplayer for WIN10. I even copied some of my own cd's to a USB but it still plays them alphabetic which annoys me.

Haven't tried the folder thing yet but will.