• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Do I like my £24k Kadjar?

2 posts in this topic

My Kadjar (1.5 diesel Bose Edition) is now two-half years old. This is the state of play today.....

1. Pinging warning noise all the time I drive

2. Door open warning message on dashboard

3. Parking brake shown as "on" even when it's off

4. Interior light on all the time

5. Can't lock the doors

Do I like my Kadjar?  :angry::angry::angry:.   Wished I'd bought a Kia Sportage instead!

i had door open warning for a while as i went round corners -caused all sorts of messages to flash up -engine cut out etc, bit of head scratching later (20 miles to dealer) worked out it was micro switch on drivers door -momentary breaking contact if my weight went against door, i could not see a way to adjust it so i stuck a foam furniture pad (packet from a £1 shop) on inside of door to make contact with end of switch- tried it with a band aid type plaster first which worked . though it was caused by the seat belt buckle getting caught when door was shut and slightly bending the metal at switch mounting hole.   Marked end of switch with a felt tip and closed over door this gave me a  location for the pad- i know you should not have to do this with a new car sir , but at least one of your front door switches may be at fault.