• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Alarm going off every morning around same time
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have a 65 Kadjar Signature with built in alarm. Almost every morning around the same time (between 9:00 and 9:30) the alarm is going off in my Kadjar on the driverway just outside the house for no reason at all.

At first I thought it was my neighbours pussy, but I have rushed out when its going off and found nothing near it that I could see that would trigger it.

Its just really odd it seems to go off around the same time and only in the mornings like something is triggering it like heat or sunlight. Its just gone off three times this morning. Normally its once or twice then does not go off again. Some mornings though it does not go off at all.

The neighbours are starting to get pissed about it. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Hi Starshipuk,

I too have a 65 Kadjar with built in alarm that would sound off for no reason. Renault Swansea fitted a new tilt mechanism to prevent the false alarm problem.

It worked for some time about 6 months then started to alarm once more. I noticed that whilst operating the front electric windows that my palm would activate the rear windows without realising that they had openend. At some point after leaving the car parked up the alarm would sound.

I have since fitted a window module that closes the windows upon locking the car , This was about a year ago and the alarm has not false alarmed since.

The only time that the alarm has sounded is when my dashcam fell off the screen and the movement was pick up by the sensors sounding the alarm.

The window module is mensioned within the forum .

Regards,

Haydn.