• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Orange Spanner Indicator Warning Light
2 2

7 posts in this topic

My Renault Kadjar was serviced last week. Although it was easy to switch off the service due in x days, my local garage could not find how to switch off the orange spanner indicator. Any ideas/suggestions members?

7 minutes ago, USNBuckles said:

My Renault Kadjar was serviced last week. Although it was easy to switch off the service due in x days, my local garage could not find how to switch off the orange spanner indicator. Any ideas/suggestions members?

To maintain your warranty you can use any VAT registered garage, as I assume you have? They simply must have access to that info, however;

Bring back the days when the only warning light on a car's dashboard was a simple oil pressure one. Wasn't life so simple and easy in those days? And, I never had an engine blow up on me in 50 years of driving!  :rolleyes:

Now you need a degree and special kit  to fit a light bulb :angry:

It's called change, or progress depending on your view:rolleyes:

I too am of an age where when younger I had some almighty piles of rubbish, spent more time under them than driving them. Days best left behind IMHO.

The light bulb issue is annoying, but there is just so much going on under the bonnet and so much extra crumple zone metal that it's difficult.Some cars have just a couple of easily accessible screw so you can drop out say a whole headlamp cluster, but not all.

Bring back the days, when my grandpa was riding his horse. It was so simple. Leave it on a meadow and it refills in a matter of hours... No spanners needed, no spare parts - nothing. And it had so many extras - Cruise control, lane departure warning, auto-driving mode, all terrain drive and so much more. Duh... 

3 hours ago, AOne said:

Bring back the days, when my grandpa was riding his horse. It was so simple. Leave it on a meadow and it refills in a matter of hours... No spanners needed, no spare parts - nothing. And it had so many extras - Cruise control, lane departure warning, auto-driving mode, all terrain drive and so much more. Duh... 

You got free fertiliser for the garden thrown in too, cross it with a donkey and you have a Hinny, ie the equivalent of a modern hybrid, as in;

Hinny - Wikipediaimage.png.42f27e888743cf994706837478611a3d.png

A hinny is a domestic equine hybrid that is the offspring of a male horse, a stallion, and a female donkey, a jenny. It is the reciprocal cross to the more common ...

:rolleyes:

Hi Thanks to all those who responded. The service was carried out by a long established Bona Fida garage. I have talen it back and a full diagnostic check has been run. However, no faults except for key card battery low, have been diagnosed. However, the spanner indcator light is still on. I cannot get in to the Renault technical support chat line, as the site will not load. Presumably I will have to go to an authorised dealer or do members have any other ideas?