• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

This whole thing is out of hand
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone understand what is going on?

I really don't want to be a pain, but we seem to be voting for a name for a new site at the same time as asking if we should set up a new site. We have people introducing themselves as owners of certain sites.

The cart has been overtaken by the horse big style and I think Shredder has a big problem he was genuinely trying to avoid.

I have sent a PM to shedeer regarding this.

many thanks for your PM but as i have explained many times i want the membership to decide the sites out come.

i am getting stick from all sides, i am trying to keep this forum running and with no admin its a dam hard job. i understand your concerns about whats happening could come and bite me on the bum,  why would it? left and right i get mail this isnt right, that dont work, why can't you do this ? and i try to explain why and some members are still not satisfied. you have said it yourself the forum is virtually unusable right now, why, can't it be used as normal, it can, nothing stopping people starting topics it just looks like its all being taken up by debates on the move. 

i have tried to make it a simple as possible, as it is two members have offered to host the new site, this would be easier if there was just one but that's how it is. nowthen, all you have to do is vote, for the choice of moving or not, for the site you like the best, and a new name for the forum.  after you have voted forget it, when the votes closed i will tell you who won. 

if motormouth comes back on i will be making my thoughts very clear. the bottom line is this. i am willing to walk away now i really don't need this shit, the site can look after itself and be closed down next year if it lasts that long.

if you want me to delete all the posts regarding the move and me to walk away keep this up 

Shedder101

I think I will just leave this Forum.Clearly there is a power struggle going on which is in nobody's interest.Let me know what I need to do to leave please.

this is why i am doing this 

copied from test site B 

Hello from squilly

Post by squilly » Tue May 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi,

I have come to here from renaultkadjarforum.co.uk having failed to register. Perseverence and copious use of the private window to get round the unregistered user view post limit allowed me to find the posts discussing why and the suggested replacement domain names and sites, so I thought I would get in early if this is the one chosen.

FYI, I have just purchased a 2016 Renault Kadjar Signature Nav 1.5 dCi 110 Auto in metallic red. Problems with getting the R-Link toolbox to work was the original reason for accessing the forums. One of the posts solved the problem for me, thank you.

Regards,
squilly.

I think all the regulars fully understand you are doing what you have to do or the forum is dead. That won't have escaped genuine members. The clincher for me was when it became known to all that new members could not join. You had to do what was necessary. 

Only the week before I had made a totally unrelated post saying we needed more and new members without realising the door was locked shut!

There is no power struggle, just one valiant mod who's been dumped on, trying to provide a solution to keep the majority satisfied, you can please all the people.............   etc etc.

My words to shedder which I kept off the forum for obvious reasons were just trying to protect him from anything he may have missed and to ensure this transition is as simple and safe as possible.

It's not a time to leave, but I think just hanging around until things are back to "normal" and the forum becomes useable again.