• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

DAB Radio, HELP with a test please
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Could any helpfull souls with 5 minutes to spare help out with carrying out the following test and then post their result. The problem is driving me mad!

Put the radio on DR (DAB)

select your local Heart radio station i.e Heart Bristol, Heart 4 Counties etc do not use Heart extra as that is national.

Listen for at least 4 minutes

The radio in my car is losing the signal for 1 minute and then resumes playing, this happens constantly like clockwork. I am trying to discover if all Kadjars do this or is it just limited to certain ones. Please post what happens.

Thank you in advance.

HI Just tried ours 1.6 sig nav 4x4  first reg March 1 2016 HEART NORTHWEST in COLNE LANCASHIRE and yes works for a few mins cuts off then comes back on as you say in about 1 min simucast on :angry: never had HEART   on before so do not know if this is normal for our area BUT will try again when driving around will post IF IT IMPROVES elsewhere  when on our travels  good luck  may want to try search on this site as i think there has been much talk about this problem  since day one  

JC:rolleyes:

Tried mine just now on Heart Sussex and it cut out during News then reconnected.

I will try my Van Radio tomorrow, if I remember, see if it does the same. Usually just Listen to Radio 2 or Gold on DAB which have always been OK

I have tried this before, so many people having trouble with Heart,there is somewhere here on the forum where this has been mentioned before.

Anyways, I live 1 mile away from the main London DAB transmitter and heart is the ONLY station which cuts out on me, but I dont listen to it, but I  have tested it a few times.  So you  are not alone with this so called fault.

I've read the other posts on here but there never seems to be a conclusion. If the problem happens with everyones radio then maybe Renault will come up with a software fix.

Thanks to the people who have posted so far, I'm greatfull you have taken the time to do the test.

Update:

I have been in touch with Renault R Link Help who have told me that they are trialig a solution to the problem and will be back to me soon as I'm not the first to report the issue!

I have always been under the impression that DAB radio is quite unreliable if you're travelling around. I like to listen to 5Live on BBC and was glad to hear the difference that DAB  makes. But on many occasions I get a display saying "Signal Lost" which I can often overcome by going to the preset and pressing the 5Live pre tune.

It's safer to stick to FM if the station you want to listen to uses that frequency.