• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar Burgular alarm
3 3

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a 2016 Kadjar and have noticed recently the alarm is going off for no reason. last night it went off twice and each time reset once I unlocked and re-locked the car. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I moved the car to a more sheltered area between 2 houses. It didn't go off again. It was a breezy night but no where near storm conditions. has anyone in the group had erroneous alarms on their Kadjar. Can you immobilise the alarm if it doesn't reset?

Some of the earlier cars did have alarm problems , so maybe you should have it checked. My alarm did go off a couple of times for no apparent reason . Once on a windy day another , more embarrassingly ,  when when I part exed it for my current car . Parked up outside the dealer , walked away and the alarm went off :D.

It was never bad enough to disable the alarm , but I believe it's possible

I have a 65 plate sig nav and have had loads of problems with the alarm going off for no reason the dealer says they have realigned all the sensors etc but can’t find a fault ...but it still randomly sounds if you press and hold the lock button till it beeps 3 times  it turns of the sonics on the a pillars or have read on others posts to very carefully turn the sonics down more towards the front seats I keep trying to film mine going off but have not as yet managed it but it’s booked into the dealers again so will hopefully sort it out.?

Hi "ulfire and Neiloky1, thanks for responding. I think I will have to leave it to the garage to have it checked. I think it has something to do with the wind.

17 hours ago, agh55 said:

Hi "ulfire and Neiloky1, thanks for responding. I think I will have to leave it to the garage to have it checked. I think it has something to do with the wind.

I park with the rear of the car about 8 mtrs from a through road, loud motorbikes and juggernauts do set it off, no doubt the wind could do the same.