• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Towing
1 1

14 posts in this topic

First time away after fitting the tow bar... it was very stable at speeds up to 65ish.. the van has a weight of 1400 kg... did not have the grunt of the 2.2 Honda CR-V but was more than up to the job... very happy..

DFCE3FDF-0096-4B90-BB2A-BFBE90EFB016.jpeg

7A271B34-090F-4965-8457-0C32078B3842.jpeg

4DB0A2C3-E970-49B6-A3F4-F6081E6ED328.jpeg

10 minutes ago, GEORGE said:

Your Kadjar,

is 1.5 or 1.6 engine?

It's a 1.6dci, I remembered a recent conversation with Roxy. I think it was also a 4x4 version so again heavier.

Having had both a 1.5 and 1.6 in kadjar/qashqai, I wouldn't want to tow a van with the 1.5, the torque and weight lets it down IMHO of course

20 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

It's a 1.6dci, I remembered a recent conversation with Roxy. I think it was also a 4x4 version so again heavier.

Having had both a 1.5 and 1.6 in kadjar/qashqai, I wouldn't want to tow a van with the 1.5, the torque and weight lets it down IMHO of course

Yes it is the 1.6 4x4 not seen another one towing..  very stable and was very level the crv was always nose down on the front of the caravan.. must have a higher tow ball on the kadjar .. going to see how it goes over the next few  trips away.... may look at a remap or power box to increase power....  if not happy and think we need more pulling power ..

6 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Just consider the warranty if you do that, it's an easy opt out for Renault is anything goes wrong,;)

Was thinking the same... just got back home from Port Eynon the climb back up to the heads of the valleys has two good hills, it flew up them with ease. So going to leave it as it is.... I have to say it’s very stable at speed and the short gears which are a pain solo are a joy towing... 2000rmp at 64 is spot on ... happy days 

3 hours ago, Roxy1234 said:

Was thinking the same... just got back home from Port Eynon the climb back up to the heads of the valleys has two good hills, it flew up them with ease. So going to leave it as it is.... I have to say it’s very stable at speed and the short gears which are a pain solo are a joy towing... 2000rmp at 64 is spot on ... happy days 

That's interesting and also could explain even more so why the 1.5dci wouldn't be a great towing car.

My 1.6dci qashqai had the same top gear ratio, 2k in top equates to 64 mph, in the 1.5 kadjar 2k = 70mph, a good deal higher and possibly the same through the lower gears.

I'm about to get a towbar fitted to my wife's 1.5 SigNav auto so we can tow our caravan rather than using my van all the time. Is there one with a detachable ball so I can hide the electrics underneath the rear bumper?

I tow our caravan with my Vauxhall Vivaro... its new but I had an ECU remap that took it from 120bhp to 165.  All GM can tell warranty wise is that the ECU has been accessed, they cant tell why or what's been done (I got this from a mate in a GM dealership), I doubt Renault are any smarter!

van.jpg

The original renault tow bar is retractable. It completely hides under the bumper, and you cant even suspect there is one, looking at the car from behind.. You use a cord to unlock it from within the trunk.

3 hours ago, Jetflyer said:

I'm about to get a towbar fitted to my wife's 1.5 SigNav auto so we can tow our caravan rather than using my van all the time. Is there one with a detachable ball so I can hide the electrics underneath the rear bumper?

I tow our caravan with my Vauxhall Vivaro... its new but I had an ECU remap that took it from 120bhp to 165.  All GM can tell warranty wise is that the ECU has been accessed, they cant tell why or what's been done (I got this from a mate in a GM dealership), I doubt Renault are any smarter!

van.jpg

My mate says you can't get a girl pregnant if you keep one foot on the floor, ...................................

6 hours ago, turboted10 said:

My mate says you can't get a girl pregnant if you keep one foot on the floor, ...................................

There are a few detachable tow bars , I have fitted the gen. Renault tow bar that flips up behind the bumper. I must say it’s very neat ... with the rear cam it’s also easy to hitch up ... happy days ..

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 0:44 PM, turboted10 said:

I've been warranty manager in both a Peugeot & a VW dealership..... there's always ways  ;)

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, Roxy1234 said:

There are a few detachable tow bars , I have fitted the gen. Renault tow bar that flips up behind the bumper. I must say it’s very neat ... with the rear cam it’s also easy to hitch up ... happy days ..

Thanks for that, I was hoping to avoid the stupid prices Renault charge but it seems to be the way to go. I suppose it also means it wont interfere with the parking sensors. My van has them set quite low in the rear bumper so I was limited in what I could fit with double electrics... bumper guard was a no no as it set them off permanently and (slightly more importantly!) I couldn't open the rear doors! :wacko:

Thanks again,

Scott