Alan
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Just got my Kadjar signature S Nav Petrol, I am very impressed so far, It is so lovely & quiet, thought i would use the panoramic roof more but have found that my bald head suffers, such a shame.  The hands free parking works a dream & my wife loves it for parking. I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

found setting  up R Link 2  to be a ball ache but is now updated (this took me a while), but all seems to be working well.

My questions are will the kadjar remember my phone book, the phone is paired but i seem to have my phone connected by cable for my phone to be able to use the phone book. I am using an iphone 5s.

My keyless key fob does not always unlock the car as I approach it, have I done something silly whilst setting up R Link, bit of finger trouble, or is it because I have pressed the button on the door handle.

Would love to hear any answers to my questions.

Many thanks

Alan

Hi Allan, welcome to the Forum. You don't need to have your phone attached by cable if you have successfully paired it. With regard to contacts, recents and call lists you need to check the permissions on your phone: under settings check that sharing is on for contacts etc. Otherwise you can phone but only very limited (using keypad). Point 2: You shouldn't need to take your remote out of your pocket at any time. You should be able to walk up to your door/boot, press the button on the handle and open it. Just remember that there are no sensors at the front of the car so if after opening the door you want to go round to the other side go round the back, otherwise the doors will lock again. When stopping and leaving the car you should be able to walk away, as soon as you are out of sensor range the doors will lock and the mirrors should fold in, alarms set. If none of this occurs then you have to set it up in Settings (RLink). All this should have been set up by the dealer when you picked it up. Hope this helps.

Full answer by PW, only thing I would add is my phone is the simplest smartphone you can buy, it holds my full list with no issues.

The remote is easily blinded by having a phone oe even cash in the same pocket, I sometimes stand next to mine but until I turn so the key pocket is nearest to car, it doesn't operate.

Enjoy.

Many thanks for your useful reply's the phone is working nicely now.

R-link2 once set up seems to work well I am just amazed how cars have come on since i bought my last car in 2010.  It is not too difficult to understand the next step driver less cars, not something I am looking forward to.

Alan