• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Future Kadjar Owner Advice Needed
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm about to get round to upgrading my car and have settled on the Kadjar but was wondering whether people could give me some advice. 

I commute a decent distance to work and am not sure whether to go for the 1.5 diesel or the 1.6. My commute is a 100 mile round trip so obviously the extra mpg on the 1.5 are tempting but I pretty much sit on the motorway for all but a few of those miles and from what I've read on here and elsewhere one you start hitting 65+mph the mpg on the 1.5 drops dramatically so I'm wondering whether the 1.6 would be a better option just for the extra power that it gives. Does anyone with either the 1.5 or 1.6 have any experience of the real mpg they are getting when doing long drives etc. 

Looking forward to joining the Kadjar club and thanks in advance,

Danny

Hi Yes ours is 1.6 4x4 and on a good run with lots of motorway we get middle upper 50’s quite easily best 63  mpg  which I think is quite good for a 4x4 hope this helps and yes I would buy same again good car in my opinion 

JC😎😎🥃🥃

The extra mpg of the 1.5 over the 1.6 is way less than you'd imagine, on a run I'd say there is no difference. It is slightly better on urban.

Im comparing this 1.5 dci to my previous 1.6dci qashqai (same car in effect).

Yes I would and may get another, but this time 1.6, the saving isn't worth the loss of performance. IMHO of course.

I’ve got a 1.5 dci when travelling on the motorway at the legal limit I’m getting between 58-62 mpg. Mines not a 4x4 I do find it has enough pulling power too even with 5 adults in.

Mines 1.6 4wd just had a 1100 ml trip to France average mpg 54 speeds around 70 love the car most relaxed so 100 commute would be a joy ... would go for the 1.6 over the 1.5 got more punch.... hope this helps 

Cheers everyone, That's been really helpful and kind of confirmed what I was hoping to hear! 

I think the 1.6 is definitely going to be the better option... as much as I like the idea of that extra bit of mpg I imagine on a Friday afternoon run home I'd just rather have the extra oomph. 

Thanks again!

My final shot would be;

If you drive steady all the time then 1.5dci, but at motorway and motorway plus speeds it drinks. The 1.6dci would be better under those conditions. Just my view and opinion of course, others may find different.

Good luck with the choice, whichever way you go

Hi,

I have owned my 1.6 4x4 since new and commute everyday on one of the worst motorways (M62 from Liverpool to Manchester) on this planet; constant grid lock and stop start conditions for most of my 55 mile round trip. My Kadjar has proved to be both fuel efficient (55 mpg during commute) and up to 68 mpg on good stretches of motorway driving and very comfortable seating. The extra power of the 1.6 is well worth it especially when some idiots (of which there are many) try and force there way into the smallest of gaps the 1.6 has the power to quickly catch up with the car in front! Happy driving in your chosen 1.6👍