• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Handbrake fault
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Folks, can anyone help with this one before I have to book it in.

My wife just called , it appears the electric handbrake wont come on (either manually or in park). Vehicle is a 2017 SigNav Auto.  It was fine when I was driving it yesterday and was engaged when I was defrosting it this morning (yes defrosting!!!!.. we live in Scotland! :wacko:).  There's no error on the dash other than its saying to apply handbrake when she switched off the engine and opens the door.

Any help much appreciated!

Edited by Jetflyer
Additional vehicle info.

First post on here, love the Forum BTW

Take it back to the dealer to get it checked... it's as unpredictable as an unpredictable thing i.e. pants

I've had my 66 plate Dynamique S since (March 17) and it should be booked in this week for the left rear brake calliper to be replaced under warranty ..... the right side rear was replaced under warranty in November 2017.

All because the Electronic Handbrake/ Parking brake goes 'dick' every so often.

Give me a proper one any day... I am ok to manually work it, honest.  

As above not much you can or would want to do really. Likely to be a relay/switching fault but much more easily checked on dealers diagnostics.

Don't park on any hills, :D, but that may be awkward in Scotland. 

Just a stupid point, even if you are getting the message has the barake actually come on???, it's a Renault and you never know.