Engine Failure hazard
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Timing chain replacement at 15 000km one week ago. 

After receiving my car back the oil began pouring out of the engine profusely. Went back and they said that they did not seal the cover properly.

Now engine failure STOP and check stop start warning has appeared on the dashboard.

Car has not overheated

Anyone had this warning light appear?

6 hours ago, Paul S said:

Timing chain replacement at 15 000km one week ago. 

Only 15 000km and a timing chain replacement already?

Did you perhaps mean to write 150 000km?

22 hours ago, darenh said:

Power problem, check battery connections,  might not have tightened a power connection correctly

Thank you. Just left dealership diagnostic says all ok no fault. An hour later the message has appeared again. On my eay back to the dealership. I wonder if the oil which was all over the engine has caused a problem? They did not clean it properly.

7 hours ago, Paul S said:

15000km. Car is new.

7 hours ago, Paul S said:

15000km. Car is new.

So what happened to the timing chain, this is surely not normal by any standards?

15 minutes ago, 1898 said:

So what happened to the timing chain, this is surely not normal by any standards?

They replaced it under warranty. There was a rattle like noise so they thought best to change the timing chain.

I learned from the manager today that mine was the fourth Kadjar timing chain replacement at under 20 000km. Apparently there is a fault on the original timing chain tensioners and the new ones have been corrected. Sounds like there should be a recall to me.