joel
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi all...found site when problems arose entering postcodes on Rlink.  Found answers thanks.  But why is the gearshift box not illuminated ?

I purchased a 1500 eco kadjar auto in january...having previously driven manual cars for past 30 plus years.

Joe L

21 hours ago, joel said:

Hi all...found site when problems arose entering postcodes on Rlink.  Found answers thanks.  But why is the gearshift box not illuminated ?

I purchased a 1500 eco kadjar auto in january...having previously driven manual cars for past 30 plus years.

Joe L

Because it's just one of many, mostly minor, niggles you find once you live with the Kadjar. Some have been ironed out on new cars but those who bought early have received no help at all from Renault.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely car, would/am considering another, but it seems they rushed it into production and dipped too heavily into Nissans part box and approach than their own conventions.

Auto gearshift indicator isn't illuminated because it doesn't need to be, there is a display on the dash telling you where you are and anyway have you ever had a manual with an illuminated gear shift indicator?

2 hours ago, HTP99 said:

Auto gearshift indicator isn't illuminated because it doesn't need to be, there is a display on the dash telling you where you are and anyway have you ever had a manual with an illuminated gear shift indicator?

There are many things you don't need on a car that you get, and come to expect them.

It would work with just 4 wheels and an engine but it's the bits that make it different/better that matter.

4 hours ago, HTP99 said:

The quadrant on ours has been illuminated, albeit dimly, since the last R-Link upgrade but one. 

To take your argument one step further, why do Renault bother to label the quadrant at all?

The definitive answer is:-

Yes it is illuminated, but it’s that dim you can’t see it unless you wrap your hands around it, then you still can’t see it.

How do I know this, I took it apart last year after a comment that someone could see a glow after we were all adiment that it wasn’t lit up.

The bulb had a cover on to make it dimmer? I don’t know why, I expected to work on a dimmer control but know.

Ive put a w5w led on a permant feed while I had it apart. 

514C9AA4-6165-4FCC-AF3D-9A83A6CCE21E.jpeg

56695BB0-22D4-4E30-A70C-B94C20D07108.jpeg

82B25053-0C01-4716-9474-A3EA76FCFC14.jpeg

15 hours ago, turboted10 said:

There are many things you don't need on a car that you get, and come to expect them.

It would work with just 4 wheels and an engine but it's the bits that make it different/better that matter.

Ever driven a manual with an illuminated shift pattern you could argue that a manual shift pattern being illuminated is more of a requirement than an illuminated auto shift pattern, as you are moving the gear lever alot more.

Anyway the position of the gear selector is illuminated right in front of you.

10 hours ago, HTP99 said:

Ever driven a manual with an illuminated shift pattern you could argue that a manual shift pattern being illuminated is more of a requirement than an illuminated auto shift pattern, as you are moving the gear lever alot more.

Anyway the position of the gear selector is illuminated right in front of you.

No. that's an example that was put forward by others. I've never driven a car, VX and Renault for the last 30 years that didn't have the facility to lock and close all windows on exit if you left them open. Top of the list of the many things Renault left out.

But you know this having read your other posts and given you are a supplier for Renault

Again... Renault cars which are very close related to their Japanese cousins has also Japanese logic... only automated driver window, no walk-away lock (this was added because of European customers demand), no auto-close or auto open all windows remote/on-lock, no switch illumination... with one word crap or 100 years behind current state.

Do you think that Koleos, car for 40k EUR has all this? Well, not.