April 2018 map update
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Today the 11 of April I took my car into Renault for the all important Software update; this I have been told will solve all the problems I've had over the past year where Customer support has been helping me to get an updated map from the one that came with the car !

The update produced;

Software 2.218590

Boot        5327

Nav info    9.12.80689874

MM2014, Feb 13 2017   2014_12    EXTRA CONTENT

I have asked that they extend my free period as I have not been able to update the maps because of the problems Renault have had. I'll wait for their response but from reading other messages Renault are not allowing any extended periods for not being able to update your maps ?  I however am prepared to go to the ombudsman (as they suggest) if my complaint is not in my favour. After all I've done everything they have asked of me and have all the emails to prove it.

I'll keep this post updated with the outcome as I think Renault are acting appalling here with their RLink2 system and the updating of maps ?

One further point; the guy who installed the update said there is a newer map version but its causing a few problems so we can't install it yet. 

My maps were updated after I did a software update to 2.2.17.803 earlier this year , to version V16.12   Nav info 9.12.80.642449, I have just had a further update done  which gave me 2.2.19.300  and Nav info 9.12.80.689874 the same as yours is now, so I would have thought that you now have  the latest map update.

Thanks for that the one outstanding is the next update it was due to go out this month (why I held off to update system) but as Renault Tec said there having problems with it so told not to install it. 

43 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Where do you find out when the updates are due? Do you get an email from renault or just go on the rlink site?

Go to the R Link site ...whistling " When You Wish Upon A Star " :)

50 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Didn't work :lol:

The Whistling ? R Link Site ? or both ? :) . You'll have no notification from Renault in my experience . You could get in touch with R Link Support by email giving them your map versions and ask them if your maps are up to date . Could also ask when an update is expected . The only answer I ever got was " soon " . 9 months later....nada