• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New Tyres
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I know there are a few threads on replacement tyres but not much on longer term feedback on alternatives for the Contis. Need to replace my 19" fronts and looking at options. Not keen to use Contis as have done 14k on current ones which I think is poor for the cost. Can I ask what people have replaced them with and how they compare to the Contis. Thanks

Hi I’ve not replaced mine yet but if Michelin are available at a good price I will go for them as they will be quieter on the road being a soft compound.contis are a hard compound.i suppose it depends what kind of motoring you do etc.motorway,urban.off road.i worked for Michelin for 14 years so I’m probably biased.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:33 AM, PJY 123 said:

Hi I’ve not replaced mine yet but if Michelin are available at a good price I will go for them as they will be quieter on the road being a soft compound.contis are a hard compound.i suppose it depends what kind of motoring you do etc.motorway,urban.off road.i worked for Michelin for 14 years so I’m probably biased.

I must admit I'm leaning towards Michelins. The Pilot Sport 4 is about the same price as the Contis that are on. Mixed driving - Urban / Motorway/ Country roads, equal mix. Don't want to put cheap tyres on really.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, turboted10 said:

Can never figure why a harder tyre like the continentals last such a short time on what isn't a massively powerful car, 13/14 for fronts seems the norm.

I agree. Really disappointed with the Contis. Mines a 1.5 diesel auto, not very powerful and not too heavy.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:49 AM, leejaxxin said:

quite a few (myself included) have gone with the Nexen tyres

I had a bad experience with Nexens a few years ago on a Ford Galaxy, it used to bounce all over the road and felt awful on cornering. Maybe the bigger size and lower profile is better but I vowed never again for Nexens.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, ulfire said:

I had Delinte for £80 a corner . Definitely better value than the Conti's 

I'm sure these are fine but I just don't want to risk cheap tyres.

57 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm sure these are fine but I just don't want to risk cheap tyres.

Fair enough but they were no problem at all handled as well , if not better , quieter , better ride and better wear than Contis . I understand where you're coming from though :)

Just had my fronts replaced today (66 plate 1.6 diesel 19" rims) they nearly covered 16k from new. I wasn't prepared to pay the prices for premium brand tyres. My local tyre garage I always use fitted Achilles brand 225/45/19s for £74.00 each.

I will see how they how they do & report back in a month or 2. Got a few long drive trips planned May & June